Falling Skies 7/17/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gunnyman, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    What did y'all think?
    I enjoyed the episode but I think they telegraphed the end when they showed up at the new place with the kids.

Creepy that the Skitters can communicate through the harness. I hope that gets exploited in the future.

2. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Someone asked after last week's episode what they were gonna focus on now that the kids have all been rescued.

I think we know the answer now.

Thought it was a good episode. Not sure at what point I stopped trusting that one guy, but I think it was fairly early on.
    I didn't like Pope at first, but was strangely satisfied to see him back.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    From when he first appeared he was pretty evasive when answering questions. Curiosity as to why turned to suspicion pretty quickly.

4. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I had a bad feeling about the military guy that showed up, from the very beginning. I knew something was gonna happen when he took the kids.

It was creepy with the girl wearing the harness talking when he turned over the one kid to the skitter.

5. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    The skitter crushing the globe had a little bit of over the top, Third Reich vibe to it.

What possible reason could the 7th Mass guy have for trading the kids?

6. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Maybe they are holding his family?

7. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I found the episode interesting for Ben's view of the skitter/human relationship. Along with radio wave communication, the harness must pump some hormones that cultivate bonding.

8. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I liked the episode. They continue to do a good job with this. I still can't quite get Noah with a beard but I guess they were trying to make him look older.

9. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    Bets he's in his 40's and I can't deal with that. He'll always be Young Doctor Carter to me.

10. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Yes, +1000000 here.

I was an ER fan up till year 10 or 11 or such.

11. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Maybe. But if he turns on the humans, I'd think that he'd be dooming himself and his family anyway.

12. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    It didn't make any sense to me that everybody couldn't go ahead and leave--maybe leave 5 or 6 soldiers there to meet the others who were supposedly coming. Knowing that the kids are targets, it made no sense to send them off with less protection. But that guy seemed to be an old friend of the military people. Seems like he just went crazy.

He was suspicious, but I also thought Ben was acting a little odd. I thought maybe the "razor back" kids were communicating their location to their skitters somehow and going back to them on purpose. Glad that wasn't it anyhow.

I suppose Pope is going to save the day. ;)

13. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    They're being more than a bit heavy handed in setting up what I'm figuring will be a "the skitters aren't as bad as we thought" plot device, not that bad, but stop hitting me with the bat, my head is sore.

14. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    My take is he's doing it to save his own skin.

15. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I figured the new military guy was eeevil when he made the last minute switch in travel plans through the woods.

They really need to convert those complaining civilian guys into fighters. Or shoot them.

Looks like Pike is going to be a hero soon.

16. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Just one guy survived from his old group, yeah right, and early on he says "let me take the kids", yeah right, I thought Noah had his number from the very beginning.

17. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    That's the part I don't get...any able-bodied adult (and that means over 15 years old) should be part of the fighters, not a civilian. Unless they have a specific "support" function (e.g. doctor), they should be fighting.

The kids were going to slow them down in a retreat? but not the old and the sick/injured? how does that make any sense? the whole premise was ridiculous.

18. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The second the new guy showed up and said that he should take the kids away from the parents, I KNEW that he was in cahoots with the skitters. I was yelling at the TV, I CALLED IT!!

Anyway, does this mean there is some way a human can communicate with a skitter now? I think they were alluding to that in experiments last week, but I wasn't quite so sure. Or, did the new guy just guess that if he brought them more kids, they would give him what he want (whatever that is).

Still enjoying this, but I think something really dramatic needs to happen soon. Every episode, they are basically going on some mission to stop this or that skitter. I think it's about time now they confront someone "important" in skitter world.

19. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    The Skitters communicate through the children they control. We saw this with the prisoner and the black kid (Rick, I believe) and we saw it last night with the redhead girl taking Eli to the Skitters.

20. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    I thought about that, but I hope not. Pope is the one that told him about the kids. Pope is a bad guy. I don't want him getting redemption.