Falling Skies - 7/10/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markz, Jul 11, 2011.

1. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Anyone still watching?

I am really enjoying this show. Yes, there are some problems, but overall, it's a good summer show.

It was weird the way the skitter nested over the sleeping children and even stroked their hair.

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm still watching. Yeah, that skitter comforting bit was odd.

I'm glad the obnoxious doctor got himself killed, the dope. There's a dangerous alien in a cage and you're going to stand in front of the cage's really big opening. Moron.

3. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    I'm still liking it quite a bit. In fact, I'm actually watching it on the same day it airs, which is a rarity for me.

Now that they have rescued the kids, I wonder what the next major plot point will be.

4. Dmtalon

Dmtalon I love Tivo...

Dec 27, 2003
    West...
    Very curious to see where the alien nesting with the children ends up going.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Plus the children mourning the dead Skitter. I suspect they're going to be experiencing a little separation anxiety.

Or a lot.

6. TiVolunteer

TiVolunteer lotta lurk rare post

Jul 10, 2001
    Cary, NC
    I'm betting that the harnesses themselves are actual larval forms of the Skitters. They are using the human children as part of the maturation process.

7. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    This is a small stupid point, but every time they show that table full of burning candles I think that they can't afford to waste candles. They have limited fuel for generators and lanterns, and the candles are going to come in handy at some point. Ok, it just bugs me.... Good show--good actors--I love these kinds of shows.

8. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Huh. Steven Webber's exit seemed abrupt. If he is, in fact, dead. I'm having a hard time buying Sarah Carter in her butched up role. Like Justin Bieber as the Road Warrior.

However, Moon is a badass. I wouldn't stick my arm down the gullet of that nasty looking Skittle.

I wonder how long until we meet the real Master Aliens. End of season 1?

9. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I was thinking exactly the same thing.

10. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    That doesn't make a lot of sense when you consider one of the skitters last week killed his entire group of harnessed children just to make a point. The one skitter could be treating them as pets or something similar.

11. Tsiehta

Tsiehta Active Member

Jul 22, 2002
    PA
    I'm really trying to hang in there with this show, but they are making it so difficult.

So, the stage/auditorium where they held the baby shower¬ówas it not the exact same stage where Pope held them hostage?

12. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I like the show and it's good summer filler but for only having 10 episodes it moves way too slow for me. If I didn't have Walking Dead to compare it to I would probably like it more.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I don't remember too clearly the sequence from the pilot episode, but wasn't Pope's gang hiding out in the school and the other group was kind of nomadic? Once Pope's group was defeated, maybe the big group decided the school was a good base and took it over.

14. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    When the doctor fixed the first harnessed kid, I thought they left him sedated for days before bringing him back to consciousness. This is time it seemed like an hour or 2. :confused:

Do we know or care exactly what the doctor was trying to do to the Skitter when it killed him?

I forgot about Mama Skitter killing all the kids before. Maybe whoever is pulling the strings ordered it and she was forced to? It seemed odd that the Skitter couldn't tell that one of her kids wasn't hooked up to the harness. She must not know them all that well. Plus didn't the active harnesses glow?

I hope the ending isn't them sending out some sort of radio signal that magically disrupts their communication and orders the kids to kill their Skitters. Then next season we find out who the real aliens are. :(

15. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    I still think that the Skitters are just pawns in all of this. Probably harnessed themselves, but the harnesses have long since fused into their bodies. That's why some of them feel a bond with their human charges, whom they see as the first of a new crop of "siblings".

16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I think that's probably true, especially in light of the one they had in captivity begging to be killed in an earlier episode. It was probably terrified of its masters and what would happen when they found out it had been captured and studied.

17. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    I took the "kill me" comment to mean that there race doesn't tolerate failure.

18. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    This ep did not do anything for me.

19. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    what we learned:

1. Skitters can't count
    2. Skitters are racist (they think we all look alike)

;)

It seems like the doctor discovered something important (e.g. sensitivity to light) and so the skitter killed him. As had been mentioned many times, you would think they would post guards next to the skitter around the clock :rolleyes:

20. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Didn't the first kid who got separated from the harness not remember his father or anything else? How did Wiley's kid know who he was?

<insert retrodog commentary how the show is racist for implying black kid doesn't know who his father is> ;)

Next major plot is the two lead characters hooking up obviously.