Fall updates to software

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Robcameron, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Robcameron

Robcameron New Member

Jul 7, 2014

Advertisements

Fall update email just landed :)

Ability to record season pass with any channel instead of just one
    Ability to set up season passes 6months before show airs
    New Spotifyand HSN app

Good to see Tivo is continuing to improve the service :)

2. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Ability to set up season passes 6months before show airs

Yes, I got the email as well. I wonder if we can even do this online? How do we know if we got the update? Any version info yet?

3. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Many of us that signed up for the Priority List have had the update for several days. The new update is 20.4.4 if you want to check. Several threads on the topic already if you want to get a feel for what those who have it already think.

4. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Great, I will see if I have 20.4.4. I did try to do a search online for a show and it was not there. I believe it goes on 9/23. As far as 6 month scheduling goes, isn't this just the old wishlist?

You know, I wish they would let us increase our buffer length. On ,my XL4 it would be nice to have a 1 hour buffer! It sure has enough room.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN

Advertisements

Actually, it's 20.4.4a

:D

6. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I actually typed the "a", and then deleted it to keep in generic, not knowing if maybe the "a" was only for the Roamio. I haven't looked at the version number on my Premiere yet.

:p

7. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    I can't find the home shopping network app. Where is it?

8. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Hopefully where it belongs. :)

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    :up:

10. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Both Premiere and Roamio are "a" :up:

11. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Should be under apps and games. Some people are reporting in that it's showing up after a reboot. I got the update on like Tuesday and rebooted today and it showed up on my three Premieres.

12. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just got the email yesterday too. Sounds like some good stuff but I didn't realize it was already 'out'.

One thing I've been railing for is more latitude with Season Passes - like being able to change the channel number instead of having to start a new one and delete the old one. That is especially helpful when you have channel number changes and such.

13. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    should not matter one bit with channel number changes. Tivo should handle that with a season pass just fine.

14. lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    I didn't get an email so maybe it's starting with those that have the Roamio?

15. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Nope..I got the email and have 2 Premieres.

16. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    "Should" indeed. It is not unknown for TWC to foul up the mapping when they change a channel so as to invalidate the existing season passes.

In many regions TWC is in the process of completely remapping the entire channel layout. For most TiVo users season passes get remapped successfully, but in a few cases users have reported that they have had to repair all their season passes.

17. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    TiVo will handle it if only the channel number changes, but with the digital conversion many of the channel names change too and the TiVo does not handle that. There will no longer be duplicate SD and HD channels, where the HD channel has a HD or DT suffix i.e. HBOHD. There will just be HBO and you will get the appropriate SD or HD feed depending on your equipment. So, if you have a season pass on HBOHD you will need to change it to HBO for example.

18. sar840t2

sar840t2 Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Edmonds,...
    I'm curious how this new version will let us schedule a season pass for something that will be broadcast (say) 6 months from now. The current version won't even let me schedule a season pass for something 9 days out (it's in the guide, but search doesn't find it).

19. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    I had the same question but wonder if this is just another name for WISH LIST. I HAVE added a program to the wishlist and it recorded when the guide finally showed it.

20. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Got the email for my three Premieres even though I already hot the update lol :p