Fake Phone Call?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by gigascott, Jun 19, 2007.

1. gigascott

gigascott New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Cary, NC

Advertisements

I have a HR10-250 and had a voicemail over the weekend from someone who claims to represent Directv. They said that if I want to continue to receive the current Directv HD content and the new HD content coming out this Fall, I need something called Deep End Converters on each incoming line. I looked on Directv's website and didn't see anything about this. I then listened to the message again and it said to learn more about this to visit their website: www.amihdready.com. I tried to go to the website but it did not work. I am now thinking that this was a fake call from someone trying to make money off of Directv. Has anyone else received this message?

-gigascott

2. thepackfan

thepackfan Member

May 21, 2003
    Plano, TX
    It was a legit call the were talking about the grey boxes attached to the HR20's. I checked out the cached site from google and got thru.

3. joed32

joed32 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    I can't get through either way. They have a Broad Band Converter test channel on 499. You have to check both Sat feeds individually. If it says "Searching for signal" You are OK. If not it will tell you to connect a BBC. One of mine is bad so I need to get a new one before September. This is for the new recievers not the HR10s.

Thanks for the link, I will keep trying!

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  5. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004

Advertisements

I think the current content will be fine as long as it is available as MPEG-2/ Ku, which is what your HR10 receives. Only the HR20/H20 need the converters, and estimates are that the M2 content will be here for some time.

To some extent it's a legit message, but it is also an attempt to prematurely convert you away from the HR10 masquerading as a helpful reminder that there are other options DTV would just love you to buy into. Options you might not really need or want. IOW, an unsolicited sales message, sometimes referred to as spam.

6. joed32

joed32 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    I didn't think they were that smart.