Failure to stream internet radio kills hme on TiVoHD

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Moebius, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Moebius

Moebius Member

Nov 25, 2002
    Not there...

Advertisements

This is a hard one to describe, but basically, if I try to stream an internet radio station (using m3u playlist through TiVo Desktop) and it can't connect for some reason (offline, bad address, whatever) it seems to break HME stuff. After that, I can't stream any station, or even play regular mp3s. The play option takes, but it never starts playing the music. Additionally, after that the sound effects are intermittent moving though menus. This problem remains until the unit is rebooted.

This is using TiVo Desktop 2.5.1 (also tried with Galleon) on TiVoHD (unmodified at present) with wired network. The problem existed on 2.3a as well; I tried upgrading to 2.5.1 as a fix.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    That's HMO, not HME. Yes, the HMO music player is very fragile, at least in 9.2. (This is the one thing that seems more stable for me in 9.1 -- I haven't been able to get it to die yet.) You can kill it with pyTivo, too. :) It doesn't matter what server you use -- the bug is in the TiVo box's software.

3. thespacepope72

thespacepope72 New Member

Jan 25, 2005
    I have tried using JavaHMO, Galleon, and Tivo Desktops 2.2-2.5 to listen to Shoutcasts but have only been able to lock up my TiVo's music playback capabilities because of it. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say that TiVo wants to drive subscribers to Rhapsody or Live365.

4. vames

vames pondering

Oct 13, 2003
    NW Indiana
    Argh...I hate conspiracy theories as a rule, but this one is holding water for me.....There are stations I can get to work through Live365 (KKJZ for example), but don't work as an m3u through Galleon or TiVo desktop! Has TiVo said anything about this? I know the streaming was technically unsupported, but I used to have dozens of stations I'd listen to regularly, and they are all broken! It's driving me bonkers....