failed while loading series

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by martin lister, Jan 18, 2009.

1. martin lister

martin lister New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Menorca

Advertisements

When I try & download (via phoneline) programme schedules it connents & downloads ok but the i get the message "failed while
    loading series".

Can anyone help please

2. Wilf

Wilf New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Norwich UK
    This was the final straw on my original 40gb disk, after a bit of stuttering I was getting the same message even after a couple of goes of starting from scratch again. Might have been something fixable but I never succeeded.

New hard drive and all was well again

3. blindlemon

blindlemon tivoheaven.co.uk

May 12, 2002
    Malmesbury, UK
    Try, try, try again. This normally sorts itself out after a few goes.

If that fails, redo Guided setup for analogue (aerial) only and a different postcode, then repeat with your correct setup and your postcode and try again.

4. Mike Rogers

Mike Rogers New Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Mine had this problem just a couple of days ago. A simple restart of the recorder sorted it.

5. mccg

mccg New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    Fareham, Hants

Advertisements

I have had this error since the week I got my Foxsat HDR
    I think Tivo is jealous ;-)

I have tried multiple power-offs and guided setup to aerial, back to Freesat (FSFS), changed post codes, but I still get this error when I come back to FSFS and the correct post code (after about 4 hours of processing data).

Tivo is now powered down unless I want to watch an old recording :-(
    (I'm only missing Five US & CNN on Freesat)

6. wonderboy

wonderboy New Member

May 27, 2003
    Angus,...
    One of my Tivos did this for a few days after I had it switched off for a month (blame sky HD).

I restarted a few times and after a few days all was well (it got further through daily call every day).

7. mccg

mccg New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    Fareham, Hants
    I guess it doesn't like processing loads of new data.
    I'll turn it back on and leave it for a few days - but I'm getting more fussy with power consumption worries these days (as are many of us).
    I know it's only about 80W for Tivo + STB... but it all adds up.
    The HDR is great at <1W on standby.

8. WildJohnny

WildJohnny New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    I fitted a new 500gb today and since fitting I have been unable to complete a sucessful downlaod. First I had problems making a sucessful call. Treid it several times and now it won't gat passed this failed while loading series. I live on my tivo and was hoping for a fresh start with new hardrive. but it looks like I was wrong. Haven't this much problem with my tivo in 10 yrs, now. Pls can anyone help?

9. velocitysurfer1

velocitysurfer1 Proud S1lifer

Sep 6, 2006
    De11
    As others have said, "keep trying".

I had the same problem the other month after replacing a failed drive.

There was another thread on this forum about deleting a log file or something, which then makes the download work first time.

10. White Monk

White Monk New Member

Jun 7, 2003
    I switched my box on after a six-week power off and got the same error message several times. It was trying to get a successful call two or three times a day.

Decided to do a Clear Program Data and To-do List.

Thought I'd copy down my wishlists etc. down first. Blooming thing would not let me. No TiVo srevice :mad:

Will report back after the reset.

11. White Monk

White Monk New Member

Jun 7, 2003
    Fixed.

It performed the two data downloads as if it were a virgin (with a small 'v') box.

Now to rebuild my Wishlists etc.............:eek: