Failed recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Dr_Diablo, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    I've attempted to record programs only to have the recording stop nearly 3/4 or more into the recording.

Tivo blames this on the cable provider, is there any way to correct this issue?

I've mostly recently attempted to record "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" three times an still have no clue how the movie ends up... LOL

Furthest it's recorded was 1:21 min

In the past week, at least 10 programs, did not completely record...

One thing after another when Tivo blames the tuner an the cable provider places the blame on the Tivo software. Whom to believe?

2. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Sounds like it is time for a conference call. Get them both on the line at the same time and let them hash it out.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Have you rebooted the Tivo? That should not be necessary, but sometimes is.

(on my TivoHD, I'm having weird probs too.. thought it was the drive, replaced that, still having probs.. think it might be the power supply..)

4. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Yes, there have been several reboots recently. The last was due to my wanting to give the HD menu another go round. It was a mess with the wait times for the page to load so I went back to the SD menu then the freakin remote failed to work again.
    An yes I made another call to Tivo, Stu thinks it's the tuner, an BH blames the Tivo... This has been the issue since the tuner was introduced in June of 09...

I've recorded this movie 4 times now, an it has yet to run the full time alotted... Stu suggested over lapping the recording by adding an hour to the setting, didn't matter. The recording still failed...

This onlyhappens on Encore an Starz channels

5. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    If it is just on certain channels, it has the be the cable company. I don't see how that could be the Tivo, unless a turner was really wonky.

6. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    yeah, it apears the only solutions to purchase an in line signal amplifier being that BrightHouse will not honor my request for solving this issue...

Ive also contacted the FCC in regards to this matter, an the local BBB

7. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    If you have a cable modem, it might be a good idea to get a high pass filter to put in between the splinter going to the modem and the amplifier. I believe it should be a 54MHZ high pass filter. This would filter out the traffic from return channel on the modem. Just to be clear, this should not be in the modems path to the RF signal.

8. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Thanks for the info, I'll check into your suggestion...

Odd that no one else has mentioned this?