FACE OFF Season 2 thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cainebj, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Great this show is back and they seem to have upped the game - and gotten some better contestants. kind of.

So - I guess Jerry is the ****** of the season...

How Brea took the win last night was beyond me.

I definitely thought the woman who did the Scarecrow had it in the bag.

Athena - now that's funny stuff.

2. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I love this board won't let me say ******.

3. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Both scarecrows were quite good, IMO. I actually liked the guy's wicked witch better than the ladies; the ladies' one might have used some novel edge blending, but I thought the guys' was a better overall concept and more integrated. I thought the guys' lion was miles better than the ladies'.

Both of the Tin Woodsmen were crap, though.

I'd have liked to see more of the immunity challenge makeup jobs... they only showed what seemed like 4 of them.

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I did find the idea of painting the latex right onto the floor and peeling it off (without even needing a release agent) to create the cape incredibly ingenious. That blew me away. I was saying to myself that would NEVER work - then the next scene they showed her just peeling it right off and it worked perfectly.

5. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I agree the men's scarecrow was best of show.

But I disagree with you on Jerry's witch.
    I thought it was terrible. He's a ******.
    I didn't particularly think the women's was much better.

It appears they only showed in-depth the top 2 and the bottom 2 from the first challenge. I went back and slow-mo'd them to get a better look. Loved the zombie!

Totally agree with you on the latex cape - I wanted a better look at it on the actual final costume.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Do the stars say "Frank"?

7. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    The scarecrow girl was Tara. I thought she had the win easily. But then I forget the wins are only for dramatic effect. I am sure the only one that really counts is the final one.

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Glad it's back as well. But enough with the Post Apocalyptic stuff already! Sci-Fi (excuse the pun) would've a cooler update on the Oz characters.

BTW, the fact that Conner got work on 'Hunger Games' is huge. If that didn't send chills down those contestants spines I don't know what will.

9. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    I'm avoiding reading this since I'm having a blast watching Season 1. I have no idea how I missed this show the first time around. I LOVE Hollywood special effects...

10. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    I would love to see if any of the other contestants from last season transitioned to working in the business. Maybe we could catch up with them as judges of other foundation challenges.

11. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I am very glad to see the show back- hub and I really enjoy it.
    From the looks of the supply room they seem to have a bit of a bigger budget this year.
    Quality of the contestants seems quite good- very few fodder types.

I too wish one of the teams had come up with a better theme, though.
    The execution was better than the concept in nearly every character- those Wicked Witches were both quite disappointing to me.
    I suppose I have been spoiled by the grandiose Evil Queen on Once Upon a Time, but I want more menace in my villains.

12. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    Jerry is overconfident and that will quickly be his downfall. I'm not sure how I feel about Brea yet. My first thought is that she has some undeserved cockiness.

The girl who did the Scarecrow solo should have won, but as has been mentioned before, the "win" seems to only be honorary.

I loved the concept of the escaped slave Cowardly Lion, but I didn't think it fit with teh guiy's theme. They really should have built a post-apocalyptic/dystopian theme around it.

13. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    It would have been awesome if someone dressed the tin man like this:

[​IMG]

14. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I didn't watch season one, but I'm watching season 2 and so far I like it.

I would have liked to see a team, take a more "disney" styled approach, but they both went to the dark side. I like the girls scarecrow best out of all of them.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yes, the lion seemed scared...which makes sense, since it's cowardly. The girls' lion seemed more defiant...

16. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    *1/18/2012 episode - "Water World"*

When things go wrong, they go very, very, VERY wrong. And for Jerry, Nix, Ian, and RJ, that's exactly what happened. Wow, did things tank for them. (Yeah, pun intended. :D)

For me, I thought Heather and Athena's was pretty bad as well, though not as colossally bad as the four above. Though I thought the complexity of the pattern was ambitious, I thought the painting was really amateurish with tons of brush strokes that really emphasized "this is paint." I hated the mouthpiece as well; the lower jaw just sort of flopped there.

Tara and Matt's went better than I expected. I thought the idea of gluing a bunch of fabric all over the place to hide some really, REALLY awful application of the prosthetics was a horrific idea, but it ended up looking surprisingly good in the water.

Sue, Rayce, and Brea's was just OK for me. It certainly wasn't nearly as good as the "OMG, it's so beautiful" reaction that Sue had to it.

The judges were right on Beki and Miranda's - it did look better in the water than on land.

17. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I found it curious that last week Beki was the hero helping Brea and this week she was the beatch picking on the kids.

Athena is a terrible painter.

That's 2 weeks in a row that Tara is the sleeping dog.
    I predict.

18. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    I behind Tara 100%. If she wins the competition or not, I think she's going far in this industry. The woman is putting out consistent quality work.