Face Off "Night Terrors" OAD 2/1/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Feb 3, 2012.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Got rid of the right person this week.

2. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Definitely. And her parting comments about not changing a thing. She feels she knows better what would work in Hollywood better than pros in the business.

Good-bye.

Next I hope we lose either Jerry or Athena.

3. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Her problem was that she had this great concept in her mind but either didn't execute it or screwed up the execution (didn't Glen Hetrick say that she had the ribs going the wrong way?) After winning the first challenge I think she got a little full of herself.

Jerry is either a really good makeup artist with hideous time management skills, or he's not that good, maybe next week will tell, although I bet they'll be back in teams next week as there are 10 competitors left. BTW does he remind any of you of Ron Jeremy?

4. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    that was the blonde artist with the bound lady, which was also pretty bad, but i think the teeth placement is what sent the other lady home, that was just sloppy

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, I won't miss her.

However, I expected that they were going to let blondie go and keep drama girl for another week. I thought the work (or lack thereof) of blonde girl was probably the worst, simply by virtue of the fact that she did hardly anything. What she DID do was stuff that probably anybody could have done, IMO.

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    A lot of them were bad this week. It was cool seeing Savini. What took him so long?!

7. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think his issues are both time management, and overconfidence. He talks about having done this for 20 years or whatever, but it doesn't show. This leads to him making poor choices with time management... he thinks he can accomplish way more in the time that he has than he can.

I was surprised they were able to overlook the ice makeup issues as much as they were. Yeah, the design was good, but when you have big gaps forming in the makeup, that is less of an application issue and more of a design issue IMO, because you haven't designed the makeup to appropriately move where the skin moves.