"Face Off" & "Heroes of Cosplay"

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by lpwcomp, Aug 11, 2013.

1. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...

Advertisements

Except for the first showing of an episode, most of the guide data is missing for both of these series, resulting in an FRO SP picking up multiple showings of the same episode.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Bleach, I hate that.

3. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    It's particularly annoying for me since I don't even watch them. I'm recording them for a friend and they get auto transferred and pushed to her TiVo.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I noticed that my SP is picking up the first episode, coming up, of the new season of Face Off. So, that's good.

But I was dinking around in the guide and noticed an episode immediately preceding this episode and it sounds like something new but it's not episode coded (no S#E# and no OAD). Does anybody else have that? Haven't decided whether or not to record. Figured I'd check back another day to see if it has updated with more info.

I have started to see, AGAIN, that I'm picking up more NOT new episodes of various shows lately. It's mostly channel-specific - like TVLand and other channels that do that from time to time. I'll never figure that one out, as the eps being chosen to record automatically don't say 'new', no new OAD, or anything. I guess it's some kind of weird coding thing that happens with certain channels.

5. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...

Advertisements

I see this a lot with "Robot Chicken". Occasionally on other things, even for network show. Usually gets fixed before the actual showing. There are probably other shows that I am not recording.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, even with the daily show/colbert, nowadays they OFTEN get fixed..

but if not, search for "the tupper method" here. In short: Create an auto-recording wishlist for the title of the show, EXCLUDING the generic description text that shows "without guide data" show.

7. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that method has problems of it's own. I guess I'll just stick with the FRO SP, hope that SyFy fixes it, and monitor the ToDo list.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    For my part, I'll just delete the SP. The cosplay show seems very mildly potentially maybe a little interesting, but not enough to work for.

9. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I'm not the one who watches either one of them. The one who does may decide she doesn't want to watch "Heroes of Cosplay" either, but the decision will not be based on how much trouble it is for me. :)

10. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Problem appears to have been addressed. All episodes of both now have complete guide data.