Face Off 2-part finale

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by KDeFlane, Jul 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

Not an issue for this week, unless you tried fixing next week as I did. grrr.

The series finale is being treated as two episodes with the same title, with the added "part 1" and "part 2" for this week and next week (Aug.7th). HOWEVER, next week's guide still calls the ep "part 1" again and does not schedule a recording.

When I manually added next week's ep, the ToDo List *removed* tonight's ep thinking it was a duplicate. GRRRRRrrrr

Sometimes it doesn't pay to look too far ahead.

sharkster likes this.
  2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks for the info. I see on my guide what you saw on yours so I guess I'll leave it alone until tonight's episode has recorded.

Oh goody, another thing to remember. *sigh* Gettin' tired of doing Tivo's job. :mad:

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The least TiVo could do is crowd source the problem. There's enough TDL babysitter's on TCF to keep them busy. For a company "built" on supplying a guide, they sure do a poor job.

4. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I see the finale, pt2 is still wrong on the guide. :( Few more days but I don't feel like they will fix it & will continue to watch.

I'm seeing more and more shows (stuff probably nobody but me watches here) that have new seasons starting, yet Passes not picking them up even though the series have the same names. I guess it's something internal that's beyond my understanding.

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Tivo may treat multi-part episodes as duplicates and not record them, just the first part. You would need to set in the pass option to record everything and check upcoming to make sure those are on the ToDo list (when checked).

6. MHunter1

MHunter1 TiVo Bug Hunter

Oct 11, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    That won’t work here because Rovi assigned Part 2 its own SeriesID tag (SH0390726979), resulting in two instances of "Face Off" in search and you can't get a OnePass for both. If Part 2 doesn't revert back to the original SeriesID (SH0173570219) by Monday I'm just going to set up a manual recording for this episode.

7. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yup. I finally saw it corrected but it was not scheduled to record.

Why, oh why, do they keep changing the info on shows so that they don't match up? /rhetorical

It's becoming quite annoying.