Extremly frustrated and angry

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Tug22, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Tug22

Tug22 New Member

Jan 5, 2006

Advertisements

I have been a TIVO subscriber since May of 2002.
    I have loved my TIVO since the day I had it hooked up. Now, I am so angry with TIVO that I am in the process of seeking professional help to get my TIVO back or to get a refund or switch my lifetime subcription to a new TIVO unit.

I started having problems in October - my Tivo stared saying it was having problems downloading new information. I saw several postings about others having the exact same problem and after having sent their unit in to be fixed, got it back with few problems - Not me. I first sent my unit back on 10/19. After several weeks of waiting we called on 11/29 with no avail. They had no idea where our unit was. A few days later we got it back. It was refurbised, and after getting everything re setup, we had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM AGAIN!! We sent it back as soon as we received our FEDex ticket and we still haven't gotten anything back. I called today and after a 1 hour wait, we were told no one has any idea where our TIVO is and if we will be getting it back. This is outrageous. For a company as large and that has such a large monopoly on the DVR market this behavior is unacceptable. I want my Tivo back, and at this point Tivo has lost my unit and I should be entitled to compensation for the unit, and for the $300 + lifetime subscription. I will be seeking counsel if this isn't fixed to my satisfaction soon.

- An extemly angry TIVO customer

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I'll bump this up with a call for TiVoOpsMgr to check in.
    There are other TiVo employees that frequent this forum, hopefully one can help.
    Have all account info available to email to them.

3. Neotrin

Neotrin New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Man, I hear you. I just bought one in December. After three weeks of trying to get my billing straightened out, I've decided to give up and am sending it back. Now I wonder how much trouble I'm going to have getting the refund, since those folks don't have a clue about administering their customers. It's a shame, because they have such a nice product. No way it's worth the hassle, though. Life is waaaay tooooo short.

4. lgondelman

lgondelman New Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Tug22 - I had a similar problem in Nov/Dec (check my post under "poor customer service". They have very bad customer relations. But I must say, someone did forward my information onto a "higher up" and that person took care of the situation. I had a brand new, non refurbished, unit shipped to me next day air. Sometimes it takes an angry message here to get things done. Obviously contacting TIVO support does nothing. Neotrin - based on the other posts I've been reading, I don't think it's going to be easy for you to get your money back. Other people have been expressing difficulties in getting any sort of credits from Tivo. There are several posts on the boards about that as well.