Expiring TiVo rewards points

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jmace57, Sep 10, 2006.

1. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX

Advertisements

I have 20000 TiVo rewards points (unfortunately everything I want is 25K+), and am approaching expiration of 5000 of those points tomorrow.

I couldn't find this anywhere, but if I get one of the 4900 point remote controls (which I frankly don't need)...do I keep my additional 15000 points until I reach their expiration date?

Seems logical, but have not seen it spelled out anywhere.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks
    Jim

2. Gregor

Gregor Wear Your Mask! TCF Club

Feb 18, 2002
    Yes, they only deduct what you use.

3. mikebridge

mikebridge Member

Sep 18, 2000
    Plainfield, IL
    but do they deduct from your oldest points or your newest points?

4. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Oldest first.

5. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX

Advertisements

Thanks guys - That's what I needed...

Jim

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Instead of blowing 4900 on something that you don't want or need why not buy something like the TiVo Wireless Adapter which has a resale value? I mean if you don't get two more referrals before your next batch of points comes up for expiration then you're just going to be in the same boat anyway, so might as well trade them in for something with some monetary value.

Dan

7. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    WHOA - points expire? Seriously?

I need to log in and check mine!

Whew, 24 months. I have a few more months on my oldest!
    Any warning/email notification?

8. 1mileaway

1mileaway New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    No that this is offtrack to the subject but I've tried contacted Tivo's Customer Service and keep on getting a message to call back..........I've unplugged the unit twice and get message that states "welcome...Powering up"...........Any suggestions??

9. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    That is off topic.

Oh wait, you knew that.

Sounds like a bad hard drive. Warranty valid - get back to customer service. Otherwise, search the forum for drive upgrade threads in appropriate, specific (upgrade) sub sections, as well as the kickstart. The forum has a GREAT Search feature!

10. smackerama

smackerama New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    San Francisco
    I know I shouldn't complain, but as I am approaching a half of one million points, I just wish the rewards offered were a little more up to date. How many iPods can one have? I am hoping the S3 will be on the list, when it is updated, which usually occurs when the product line is refreshed. Anyone up for a guess as to how many points it would be?

11. OhioUmpire

OhioUmpire New Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Dude, I have a few thousand points I will NEVER use and probably expire in a few months. IS there a way I can transfer them to you?

12. smackerama

smackerama New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    San Francisco
    If you find a way, I am ready to take them! Maybe I'll buy up all the coasters, glue them to my car, and drive it to BurningMan.

13. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    ^

hell, I'd be happy to just get another 5000 so I can get what I really want.

14. ScubaCat3

ScubaCat3 New Member

May 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Ditto to that, Mikeyis4dcats. And my first 5000 expires in November. If only someone I know would get a friggin tivo. lol

15. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX
    That was my attitude as well. I was 5K short of a dual tuner - although that is being offered for $30 on the TiVo site today.

I ended up getting an orange peanut controller - you never know when you might need another one!

Jim