1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expand Customer Support Hours Really 9am-6pm

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by hasharp, Feb 27, 2017.

1. hasharp

hasharp New Member

Aug 21, 2015
    With 8am - 6pm customer support hours we on the east coast have to wait till 11am before we can call in and people on the west coast can't get support after 6pm. People work ya know

Mikeguy, imrf and stevewjackson like this.
  2. JBDragon

JBDragon Member

Jan 3, 2004
    Fairfield, CA
    Sure people work. That means 9PM on the east coast. That's pretty late and enough time to get customer service. 6PM is enough for those on the west coast that get off at 5PM. Everyone has a phone on them. You have lunch breaks and so on.

It's far worse with east coast business hours that I have to deal with. I have to deal with a company on a easy coast early before before they close at like 5PM, or 6PM if I'm lucky. Which is 2-3PM for me before they close up. Bad enough with a LIVE show on the East Coast where you might see the screwup's and it's Pre-Recorded for the West Coast where it's cut out.

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    But sometimes you need to be in front of the box. Evening hours for people west of the Mississippi is a good thing.

4. imrf

imrf Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Actually their support closes at 8pm EST, and no, that's really not enough time. Tivo outsources that support anyways, it's not like it costs much money to have their call center in Manila to have longer hours or a second support shift.

Mikeguy likes this.