Evil - Season Thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cainebj, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    EVIL - New show on CBS Thursdays at 10

This was my other favorite show of premiere week.
    LOVE the lead actress and I had to look up that the lead actor was Luke Cage.
    (OK I looked her up, her name is Katya Herbers).

I was really surprised this is a Michele and Robert King show. The supernatural aspect seems really not their genre - other than Braindead which I forgot is also one of their shows.

I thought it was well written and very well done.

2. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Um...AFAIK, there isn't really any supernatural aspect to the show at all so far...

Rob Helmerichs likes this.
  3. Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    I liked it! Thought is was good. Definitely a one pass.

4. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I liked George (at least I think that's what the demon's name was)

jeetkunedo likes this.
  5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, that's what's saving it for me. The kind of supernatural aspect they're hinting at would be a total turn-off for me. But so far at least, the "supernatural aspect" seems to be a cover-up for a more conventional conspiracy.
    Him I recognized instantly. Her I had to look up, because I knew her from somewhere...turns out Westworld (the Man in Black's daughter, who came to play a major role in Season 2).

6. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    By supernatural I meant demons and exorcisms. Doesn't that fall under supernatural? LOL

I loved George!

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Sure. But we learned that George and Roy had conventional explanations. The criminal was only pretending to be possessed. George was a dream.

Rob Helmerichs likes this.
  8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Right...as I said, so far at least, the "supernatural aspect" seems to be a cover-up for a more conventional conspiracy.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I'm wondering what's going to happen with the supernatural aspect going forward. On the one hand, it would seem a little strange (for a TV show) if everything had a conventional explanation (Scooby-Doo notwithstanding)...but on the other hand, it seems like Ben has been working with Dacosta for a while and he's still a skeptic...

stellie93 likes this.
  10. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I'm not sure I buy the "unable to read while dreaming" schtick.

When I woke up this afternoon, I was dreaming that I was playing some new piano music, and I could read the notes on the sheet music.

I suppose one issue would be that we really only remember dreams as we are waking, so the question would be who could remember not being able to read while actually in the dream, in a complete sleep state?

11. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Did they explain the mark on her wrist? My guess is George is real even though Roy wasn’t.

12. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    The marks on her wrist were from serial killer guy when he attacked her earlier in the episode.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  13. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    The marks on her wrist weren't from George, they were from being attacked by the killer when he was pretending to be possessed.

14. dwells

dwells Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Birmingham, Al
    I may be in the minority here, but I WANT some supernatural stuff- if every thing they investigate turns out to have a conventional explanation I will be disappointed. Hopefully there will be a mix of both to keep us guessing....

jeetkunedo and jasrub like this.
  15. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I liked it and will continue. Although the demon part was out of nowhere for me.

16. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    For anybody who missed the pilot they are re-airing it tonight. I had not noticed it previously but all the comments were so positive i am giving it a try

17. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Thanks, I may try it again. I deleted it about halfway thru. I got irritated early on, when she was interviewing the murderer, in a police cell, and he suddenly became agitated (possessed?) and leapt at her, almost strangling her. Why wasn't he chained down? They *always* chain down suspects, especially mass murderers.

And then when that Lucifer looking creature showed up in her bedroom, I deleted it. I don't like supernatural type shows (except Lucifer, of course), so I killed it. But the reviews here have been favorable, so I may give it a second chance.

The power of TCF! :eek:

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    By the end of the episode, it seems like it might not be what it seems...which saved it for me.

astrohip likes this.
  19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm willing to give this show a longer leash because the Kings are the showrunners and it's got a great cast with Michael Emerson and Mike Colter.

The initial premise is intriguing, let's see where they go with this.

20. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Yeah, the not being chained in the room was really weird. They'd better not be that unrealistic all the time. :(