Everyone recieving the Charleston Wva Locals (Please Read)

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by slowburn, Aug 25, 2004.

1. slowburn

slowburn Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Pikeville, Ky

Advertisements

I just Called WHCP WB 30 again to see if they had a time frame on when they will be up on Directv. They said they were still working on it but that the processed had slowed down because it seemed the interest in it had died down. They werent recieving as many call or emails about it. So I think everyone need to call or Email them so they will see that we still are VERY interested in getting it up and running.

Here is the link for the Email Form

http://www.whcp-tv.com/comment.shtml

And the Phone number is (740) 353-3391
    if you call ask to speak with

Butch Wilkison he is the General Man. or
    Eric Cox he is the Chief Technical Officer

Maybe with some feed back from us we can get this on Directv sooner

2. aepman

aepman Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Huntington,...
    Thanks for the information, slowburn. I've sent a message through their comment page and will give them a call tomorrow. I suppose it just doesn't pay to be patient. We probably should have been ringing their phones off the hook all summer.

Todd

3. Sep 6, 2004 #3 of 13
    slowburn

slowburn Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Pikeville, Ky
    Just wanted to remind everyone in The Charleston Viewing Area to keep the calls and emails going. I dont know about yall but I want WB and UPN. Ive been waiting years on locals so I could get those 2 channels and now that the locals are here, its driving me crazy that I still dont have them. So lets keep it up and let them see that we are still very interested in recieving WHCP.

4. Sep 6, 2004 #4 of 13
    herdfan

herdfan New Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Hurricane, WV
    I talked to Butch a couple of weeks ago and he said they were still working on it. I think our best bet is to wait for a D* National WB/UPN feed.:(

Its a good thing Charmed repeats on TNT or my wife would kill me for dumping cable.

5. Sep 6, 2004 #5 of 13
    slowburn

slowburn Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Pikeville, Ky

Advertisements

Yeah thats all we ever get is still working on it. Im about to give up. Sometimes I think about just chucking it in and going to Dish Network. But then I couldnt use my Directv Tivo, so I stay put. Im really only interested in WB for 2 Shows..Smallville and Reba. But not being able to seem them is driving me crazy the closer it gets to the new fall season starting up. Oh well guess its out of our hands.

6. Sep 6, 2004 #6 of 13
    cbordman

cbordman PP-ASEL

May 14, 2001
    Holly...
    i lived in point pleasant for years. I think they're still working on getting local dial-in numbers for internet.

7. Sep 6, 2004 #7 of 13
    herdfan

herdfan New Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Hurricane, WV
    Slowburn,

Where are you located? I am in Hurricane and can get some DT signal from WHCP. Not enough to get a picture, but some signal. I may try tweaking the antenna some to see if I can increase it.

8. Sep 7, 2004 #8 of 13
    slowburn

slowburn Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Pikeville, Ky
    Im in Pikeville , Ky. Cant pick up anything here. 200 miles to Lexington and close to 200 to Hunington so Im screwed both ways. Id love to be able to pick them up and get HD but that will never happen.

9. Sep 9, 2004 #9 of 13
    aepman

aepman Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Huntington,...
    I just called WHCP and spoke to the receptionist. She did not have any information available. I also sent another message to them from their website. If I hear anything, I'll post it (but I don't expect to hear anything). I'll call and email them again next week.

Todd

10. tivo surfer

tivo surfer New Member

Sep 9, 2003
    I been a long time member here but this is my first posting.

I finally after numerous emails got a response about wb30 and thought I'd share it with everyone.

Robert

Thank you for your email! I am sorry to say that at this time we do not
    have any estimates of when we will be up and running on Direct TV. We do
    have engineers working on but progress is slow and there is much testing
    that is being done to find out the best solution. I wish I had a better
    answer for you than that but I don't. I can add you to the email list that
    will be notified once we know when we will be launching on there if you
    like.

Thanks!
    Chuck Jones
    GSM, WHCP-TV

From the looks of it looks like if we get the channel it may be a long time waiting.

Robert

11. tivo surfer

tivo surfer New Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Hi
    Just wanted to let eveyone that doesn't know yet, that wb is now on 30
    I found it by checking the list of channels received.

12. aepman

aepman Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Huntington,...
    Well, I'm very glad we finally have a WB station. I wish WHCP would get off its ass and get its signal to DirecTV...it would be nice to have UPN also. Still, I'm not complaining to DTV at all. I think its great that they opened up another WB station.

Todd

ps. WOUB seems like a waste, though. I don't think I need another PBS station (but, of course, I'll take it if its there and not complain).

13. aepman

aepman Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Huntington,...
    Well, lets bring this old thread back from the dead. In case anyone with Charleston WV locals has not noticed it yet, WHCP is now up and has replaced the out of market WB channel. It caused me to miss a couple of recordings on my TiVo, but the kids are happy now that they can watch UPN. Of course, it would have worked out after the WB and UPN join anyway, but I suppose now is better than later.

Todd