Eureka "Reprise" (7/18/2011, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by LoadStar, Jul 18, 2011.

1. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Wow. Oh, man, I can forgive some bad science on this show from time to time... but tonight there was some amazingly poorly thought out MATH in this episode.

There was zero rhyme or reason to the way the stasis field was expanding. One would assume that it would be growing exponentially from the point of origin, the generator in Henry's garage. But of course, that would mean the stasis field would be surrounding the generator, and they wouldn't be able to actually REACH the generator to turn it off. So, instead, the show just threw all logic (and mathematical sense) out the window, and as a result I haven't a CLUE how the stasis field was supposed to work. They had some line about angles that didn't help one bit.

If Kevin saves the day one more time, he is going to graduate to Wesley Crusher status.
    ironically enough, considering who shows up next week... :)
    I'm growing a bit tired of Felicia Day. I mean, I still love her as a person... but she plays exactly one character, every time I see her, from "Buffy" to "Dollhouse" to "Dr. Horrible" to "The Guild" and now here. I'm not sure how I feel about that character showing up here on Eureka. Moreover, I'm not sure that Eureka really needed MORE characters.

Interesting that apparently in Eureka, mass music piracy is completely normal and endorsed. :)

2. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    well I liked it...............

3. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I loved it. It was really funny!
    Agreed that it seemed odd that the issue was growing between two origination points. Or jumped to the rocks. What!? But, it helped that I don't know anything about stasis fields. :)

Felicia Day was a great match, working with this cast. I enjoyed the storyline, all around.
    And, all the song titles. Will have to see if I caught them all.

4. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    That is one wacky town.

Who was that brunette at the end?

5. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Beverly Barlowe.

I'm blanking on who the guy was though.

6. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    What's the backstory on her?

7. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
  8. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
  9. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    According to staff tweets they spent more on this episodes music rights than on the rest of the season combined :D

Do we know him?
    I thought just "random henchman."

10. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    This, and the sub-plot with Allison totally got me. Wasn't expecting that at all. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

11. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I can usually ignore the bad science and physics, but Jo getting out in front of the bullet was just too much.

12. jpwoof

jpwoof New Member

May 19, 2004
    San...
    well... in her defense, she's wearing a vest, so she knew she'd live.

But really hate her voice...

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But her ability to outrun a bullet is a little far-fetched.

14. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Not that, the fact that she could outrun the bullet, to get in front of it.

15. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    Hubby and I both agreed that apparently Eureka must be the RIAA's worst nightmare.

16. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I never liked her, and never understood why she's popular/known for anything. I think she was the weak link in Dr Horrible, bet her co-stars were strong enough to pick up the slack.
    I thought that too. I think the RIAA would have something to say about a sever that can just copy music from any device in town.
    The items in the field slowly caught up to normal speed??? It would have been nice if they could have used the FTL drive to somehow move within the time field. More science'y that way to explain how to save carter, stop the machine, etc, etc.

17. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I don't remember her voice ever being quite as raspy as it is now. It's like she has the same issue with her voice that Rachel Ray has, where it keeps getting raspier and raspier.

18. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    It's always been like that. I don't have an issue with it, she could be one of those girls that talks like a high pitched mouse, then I'd be upset.

19. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    I agree, that just really bugged me. I can handle "stasis generator magically emanates its field from 2 points far away from it cause that's magicy "science stuff". I can handle "downloading some NLP songs somehow transfers the ability to manipulate all other songs on a server so that people do what the song lyrics say to do". But I have to draw the line at just ignoring the physics of the bullet. I guess the only way to buy into it is that maybe the field dissipates in an expanding circle such that the field is gone in front of the bullet so that Jo could jump between them just before the field went away from around the bullet.

Okay, so I can rationalize that as well. :) But they could have added a line to explain that is what they were going to do.

Honestly, I just have to turn off any part of my scientific brain and treat the "science" used as some sort of magic that just hide as science.

OTOH, I did find all the songs controlling people to be pretty amusing. My wife called the "Burning down the House" one as soon as she saw Jo's house in flames.

20. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    I am not a big Kevin fan, but what Loadstar said:

If Kevin saves the day one more time, he is going to graduate to Wesley Crusher status.

Now that is just cruel, Not Wesley Crusher, that is just to evil to imagine.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: