Eureka - Is there something wrong with my Tivo?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zordude, Aug 15, 2007.

1. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    It seems that almost every week my Tivo records Eureka and the show starts late, and it clips the ending. Is this a common problem, or is my local affiliate just run by idiots?

(Yes i realize i could pad it 15 minutes)

Z

2. jimborst

jimborst Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 30, 2001
    IA USA
    Sci-Fi has no local affiliate. If your TiVo is recording the late showing, there is sports (wrestling on after the first Eureka) so either you'll have to pad or record the first showing.

3. biker

biker Outlaw

Jan 8, 2001
    Atlantic...
    Happen to me too. I change it to 15 minutes now.

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'll confirm, you're on the 2nd showing that's supposed to be 11:00pm Eastern, and since they run ECW at 10:00 "live" it frequently runs over..

no, I have no idea why they run "live wrestling" on SciFi :thumbsdown:
    ECW is also amazingly unpredictable, that's why I try to get it to grab Eureka at the 9:00pm slot

Diane

5. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I gotta ask why so many of you folk are recording the 2nd airing?

I've always managed to record the first one, and never had a problem.

I will admit I have no idea what else is on at that time on other channels though.

phox

6. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    I don't understand the time issue. ECW always runs :05 late. When it first started, it had a running time of 1:05, but then later changed to 1 hour. It still goes :05 over.

7. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    I had to try and figure out what my Tivo decided to record at 9, which apparently was Dirty Jobs. I guess i'll re-prioritize the SPs

Z

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I agree....and why does this issue come up repeatedly? Doesn't anybody read these threads....geesh. :rolleyes:

9. biker

biker Outlaw

Jan 8, 2001
    Atlantic...
    Sometimes Tivo's full or recording other things.

10. biker

biker Outlaw

Jan 8, 2001
    Atlantic...
    :rolleyes:

11. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    What, you mean you expect us to read these threads??? Oh well, dip me in honey and feed me to the wolves, I did not know that....I thought the questions and answers just popped up magically from the ether.....LOL!!

Just a joke, y'all...I am not a newbie, just attempting humor....attempting being the operative word here. :D :D :D

12. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I always catch the second airing because I'm recording Big Brother at 9pm. I know I missed the ending of the first episode and then I changed the padding after that, hopefully it was enough because I haven't watched any of them yet. Since wrestling consistently runs over its allotted time, why don't they extend the time slot? This has happened on the other networks that have carried wrestling so it's not an isolated incident on SciFi.

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    You'd think that whoever is scripting the matches would make sure they ended on time.

14. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    In the Pacific time zone, the first showing is in the middle of prime time, and my Tivo is busy with other, higher priority things. The question isn't why don't I record the first showing, the question should be, why doesn't the Sci-Fi channel accurately report the start and stop times of the show? The wrestling is NOT REALLY LIVE, so they should have a perfectly accurate time for the program, and therefore, they should also have accurate start and stop times for Eureka.

15. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...

I actually record it at at 6:00pm in L.A. DTV and HR-20.

16. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    This year, nothing was on against Eureka so I am getting the first showing. Last year, since I wasn't necessarily watching them the next day or so, I discovered the <*&^%$> wrestling interference. They are fine if you get the 9PM showing.

17. kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    Yep, this has been going on since last year. Just pad a bit and move on. It doesn't look like anything is going to change. :-(