Eureka - Is it better than last season?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Family, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I watched Eureka last year and it was OK... nothing special. Is it better this year? I am debating wheither to watch it or trash my season pass.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    So far, I think it is... I'd definitely watch at least the season premiere before deciding. There's a really nice bit there at the end.

Overall, it's still not the greatest show on TV, but better than Flash Gordon.

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'm not sure I'd say "better" but certainly equally as watchable.

There was a certain innocence as we got to know the characters and secrets last season, and I really enjoyed it, you never really knew what they'd pull out of their hats.

This season has been enjoyable, and they're getting deeper into the backstories, but every now and then they're falling prey to "gadget/disaster of the week".

So still a thumbs up, but a different one :)

Diane

4. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    We have enjoyed this season at least as much as last, and perhaps more. There aren't many shows for which that is true for us.

5. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    this season is 100 times more fun than last...

6. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    There's been a darker tone this season some of the time, which has its appeal, but also draws away from some of the goofy, light-hearted pleasure of the first season. But as the second season picks up, we're back more to the original premise and tone. They've got a better grip on the characters this season, I think. I'm on the fence about which season is better.

7. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    We've enjoyed this as much as we did last season. It's not as good as fall TV shows that will be starting soon, but then my expectations are low for summer series, but I think Eureka is better than most of the shows on TV right now.