Eureka - E=MC ? 8.28.07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RoundBoy, Aug 29, 2007.

1. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow... no thread? The episode was a so so one... but 2 big things:

Henry let slip that beverly did something to Kim

The funniest exchange ever involving 'Marco Polo'

2. JustAllie

JustAllie Number crunchin'

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    I laughed so much over the game of Marco Marco that then became a game of Polo Polo. :up:

3. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Lots of laughs in this one. Stark acting like a moron was hysterical.

4. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I'm really glad Stark stayed. He adds a flavor to the show that would definitely be missed. It's a great series!

5. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    oh .. i did forget about the whole 'Sparticus' exchange with Stark... priceless...

6. Dignan

Dignan _

Jan 27, 2002
    _
    Stark was totally channeling Jeff Spicoli, I kept waiting for him to say, "I can fix it". :)

7. ParadiseDave

ParadiseDave Ignore this!

Jun 8, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    I always knew "organic" food was worse for you than regular food. ;)

:up: from me ... no Matt Frewer! I forget his character's name since I hit mute every time he is onscreen.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Thank you, Jesus! I used to shake my fist in anger whenever his character would get close to Jo.

9. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    Very Funny episode. Love seeing the chicken breast connected to the wires so they would grow.

10. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    We love this episode too ("Marco" "Marco" "Marco"). :D

I'm hoping the fact that we have seen Matt Frewer's character means the character was quietly retired. I kind of hope we see Beverly back at some point though.

11. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    This episode was very funny for us!! Enjoy it quite a bit. I'm going to be sad when the season is over!!

12. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    It did have some funny moments. But the whole "everyone acts stoned" thing was kind of stupid if you ask me.

However, since I give the show a lot of freeground to be stupid, I just let it slide. Cause, well, it's a fun show regardless of the silly things that they do on it. :)

13. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Stoned?! :eek:

Did I miss the hookah? :D

14. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    That IS how they were acting. Staring off into space, not capable of thinking quickly, laughing at stupid cartoons, having the munchies.

I even thought that they were going to make it something like that, where whatever had happened was releasing something in them that made them stoned.

Shouldn't they have saved the stoner episdoe for the 4th season, episode 20?

:D

15. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Does anything ever go right and do they ever actually discover/invent something actually useful that actually gets used outside of Eureka itself? I'm getting pretty bored with the disaster-of-the-week format.

16. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Then I think you're missing the point of the show. It's kind of like the folks who constantly complained because the skits on Studio 60 weren't funny. The comedy and interest is in the characters and the way they react, not the devices. I'm pretty sure Discovery Channel has something on inventions and how they get to market. That might be more to your liking.

I couldn't even tell you the thing or disaster of each week, but I can remember character reactions and developments.

17. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I'm not missing the point at all. But there's no good reason character development has to occur surrounding a disaster-of-the-week instead of one of many other sorts of situations. Did we ever get anywhere with the whole subplot from last season surrounding the woman who owned the guest house?

The show's becoming a one-trick pony.

18. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005

i think you are missing the point. Her name is 'Beverly', and there have been VERY big plot points on that now:

1) Discovery by henry that she most likely caused Kim's death
    2) Henry altering the timeline , and then Carter's memory of that
    3) beverly called away for a 'meeting' with her handler
    4) Henry just admitting to Carter that beverly had something to do with kims death, and has been keeping much from him.

No good character development? You weren't liking the carter-zoe interactions around the IQ, or his dead girlfriend? Or the redemption of the name 'Fargo' as being equal to 'idiot'?

Stark & Allison getting closer while Carter remembered a 5 year long relationship with her? Not interesting?

Maybe you are watching a different show, but its easier to know whats going on with the characters when you know what their names are...

19. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Now you're missing the point; all those "character developments" occurred surrounding disaster-of-the-week plot lines.

20. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    You know, if you ever have anything positive to say in these threads, would you please warn us first so we don't have a heart attack? :rolleyes: