Eureka coming to the end of its run

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Aug 5, 2011 #1 of 90
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Looks like Eureka has run its course.

Not surprised....this season it's clearly evident that it's lost its luster...

2. Aug 5, 2011 #2 of 90
    Tangent

Tangent Aluminum Falcon?!

Feb 25, 2005
    San Jacinto, CA
    Probably going to be replaced on the lineup with Ghost Hunting Wrestlers. :thumbsdown:

3. Aug 5, 2011 #3 of 90
    jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    So they have 6 episodes to go in the second half of the fourth season. They're filming 13 episodes of the fifth season right now, and the report says they ordred six more episodes for a sixth season. The update says additional episodes simply haven't been ordred, and not that it's been cancelled.

I don't think they're going to be making any definitive decisions until some of these episodes that haven't even been filmed or written yet have aired.

4. Aug 6, 2011 #4 of 90
    kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    On the other hand they appear to have hired Wesley Crusher as a semi regular so it may not be surprising.

5. Aug 6, 2011 #5 of 90
    Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    He is VERY unlikeable...

6. Aug 6, 2011 #6 of 90
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Who?

7. Aug 6, 2011 #7 of 90
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, that was a pretty alarmist headline on the part of Deadline...more accurate might have been "Eureka Assured of Another 1.5 Seasons".

8. Aug 7, 2011 #8 of 90
    Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    yep. I open the thread in alarm then I read that the show will continue for the foreseeable future. Not really sure what the thread purpose is, to be honest.

9. Aug 7, 2011 #9 of 90
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Totally disagree. I'm enjoying Eureka as much as I ever have.

10. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Crusher or Wheaton?

11. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Agree. I wasn't sure about the addition of Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton, and sort of felt (and still do) that their characters are barely different than the characters they've played before on other shows. However, it does provide something new and interesting to Eureka, and it doesn't detract from the core which remains the same and very, very good.

12. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Ugh...I couldn't disagree more. This season has been awful. I hate the relationship of Carter and what's-her-name. And the Jo and what's-his-name relationship is just drudgery....

I'll suffer thru the rest of this season (don't ask me why), then the SP is gone...there's way too much stuff on that's a LOT better than this.

And, even according to Syfy's programming chief Mark Stern, "we do not have a commitment beyond six episodes for the sixth season..." That sounds like the end to me...

13. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I still enjoy Eureka as much as ever. I hope it sticks around.

14. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    it's funny, I don't ever remember you posting about a show that you do like. Your negative posts are usually "very" negative, so maybe I notice those more and don't notice the positive ones.

Another possibility is that you just hate all the shows that I like and I don't go to threads of shows that you do like!

15. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Oh, there are plenty of show threads I post in that I like; must be we just have very different tastes. I've always posted in the Eureka threads in previous seasons which I've enjoyed. This season just hasn't done it for me. Plus I just LOATHE the Allison/Carter relationship which comes across very forced to me....

16. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I disagree about the Allison/Carter relationship. I think that's developed rather naturally since episode 1 of the series. In any case, I don't think that the relationship itself is a particularly prominent part of the show. There are really very, very few points where the relationship is an integral part of the plot. More often, it's just background that informs the plot and characters.

Now the Jo/Zane relationship, which is IMO considerably more prominent (particularly this half season), does grate on me a bit... but even still, it's not major enough to detract from what the show does well.

17. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I agree. The flirtation between Allison and Carter was a key story point all along. Jo/Zane felt natural in the original timeline but not now. It feels like they are together because they think they are supposed to be.

18. bnbhoha

bnbhoha Member

Nov 2, 2002
    I'm watching it on now netflix now playing. It was a recommended show here. I'm watching the last episode of the second season. I can't really get into it. Does it get better during the third season? I'm just watching it because nothing else is on tv.

Show I've enjoyed thus far from recommendations here:
    -veronica mars
    -spartacus
    -super natural
    -firefly
    -farscape
    -breaking bad
    -the wire
    -dexter
    -dead like me ( tried it and couldn't get into it.)
    -*deadwood & carnival (going to watch it)
    -? recommendations

19. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    If you don't like it by then, don't bother...

20. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Did you start from the first episode where there's an older sheriff and the new guy is just passing through town?