Eureka - 7/24/07 - Unpredictable

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I about fell over when I realized the weather scientist was Zelenka from Stargate Atlantis!! I didn't even recognize him at first, it was his accent that gave him away!

Oh and I bet Zoe is still in Eureka and the ex-wife can go away any time now, didn't like her much!!

2. jstack

jstack New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Carter's ex wife was also Karen from the Wonder Years. It took me a few minutes to place a name with her face.

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    And what a face- that mouth annoyed me no end.
    She can go now.

I liked Zoe in this for the few moments she was featured and that was a first. Not enough about the evolution of the artifact- just enough to remind us it's still around. Nice little plot of the week. Yay no Max Headroom. I felt as if there was a bit too much of Allison and Nathan schmoozing- it smacks of setting Allison up for a "difficult choice" at some point. Despite their common concerns about the child there was so much animosity between them last year that it sort of rings contrived to me now. I felt so sad for Carter at the end there.

Nathan was offered 517 jobs and there was nothing he liked?
    Jeez.

4. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    I think the problem is all of those offers take him out of Eureka. He wants to stay and take a chance at rekindling things with Allison. Kinda hard to do that from another city.

5. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Yeah, it seems like a weird connection that they keep doing with Allison and Nathan. She's been mad at him, and now,s he's suddenly liking him again? Especially after he put her son in jeopardy, you'd expect her to be more mad at him instead of less. I think Nathan is just trying to butter her up to let him work with her son about the artifact. Nathan's obsessed with it and will do anything to get to it. I think the end of the season will show this to Allison and she'll be leaning more towards Carter. However, he will have partially given up on her because she kept going back to Nathan.

6. thurston608

thurston608 record this

Nov 9, 2006
    Washington, DC
    i agree agatha. i think nathan just wants to stay to try to get close to the artifact. he is obsessed. another great episode!

7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I thought the same and then said "naw, it's my imagination" and didn't bother to look it up, I personally think it was the lack of stubble that convinced my brain it wasn't him

8. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Speaking of her mouth... Her lips looked like she was constantly in a pouting mode. Collagen injection gone wrong?

9. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    His photo on imdb.com looks exactly what he looked like in this episode!!

10. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    I recognized her as Goren's nemesis, Nicole Wallace, from Law & Order: CI.

And for the parents out there, if you close your eyes and listen to your voice, you'll recognize her as Tarzan's Jane.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I remember her from Conan the Destroyer!

(Not that I ever SAW Conan the Destroyer, no sir, not me...)

I used to get her confused with her cousin, Maryam "Bond Girl" D'Abo. But as the years go by, it gets easier and easier to distinguish them--if I see one of them in a movie or TV show, these days chances are it's Olivia.

12. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Well, let's see. 1) The SciFi channel did it again with their timing. For the second time, they ran so far overtime, my Tivo would have missed the end had I not greatly increased the end padding since the season opener. 2) Jo wants a promotion, but she was unable to actually solve the case, and Carter, despite all the interference in his life right now, was able to solve it. 3) Eureka has a nuclear-powered spa. You would think it might have come up before. 4) Allison has upset Beverly's plans. 5) Did Henry actually say the temperature dropped to -450 degrees F? Some of the components in the air turn into liquid well before such a temperature. Heck, absolute zero is –459.67 degrees F. 6) Olivia D'Abo isn't quite a cute as she was in Conan the Destroyer--um, I never saw that movie either, nope, not me, no way! I agree, there was something wrong with her mouth. As if Carter doesn't have enough to worry about, his ex shows up without warning. 7) How hard can it be to push a button?

13. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Oh ya!! L&O: CI is what I remember her from!!! didn't like her nearly as much in Eureka!

14. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    ohh.... what would boombata say ?

EDIT: Wait.... how did she even get into Eureka ? isn't there a batman like hologram bridge protecting it ?

15. Rosenkavalier

Rosenkavalier Call 1-600-DOCTORB!

Nov 9, 2001
    D/FW area,...
    That's protecting the GD facility. The city is accessable by public roads.

16. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I thought he said 17.

17. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I didn't get Nathan's subterfuge sending the secret file to Alison. When she first confronted him about it, he said, "I wanted to tell you.", so ... why didn't he just TELL her instead of sending a file and making her nervous and then angry.

Also, for a smart lady, she's kind of dumb entering her password after getting a suspicious email attachment asks for it. Has she never heard of computer viruses? Phishing? :eek:

By the way, I was Psyched that I pegged the sensitive weatherman from the start. ;)

18. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Allison: Any job offers?
    Nathan: A few.
    Allison: Five hundred seventeen.
    Nathan: It'd be crass to count.

19. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Now that sequence doesn't make a lot of sense.

20. MiakioAmy

MiakioAmy New Year. New Name.

Oct 2, 2002
    Johns Creek, GA
    Allison: Any job offers?
    Nathan: A few.
    Allison: I heard seventeen.
    Nathan: It'd be crass to count.

That is how I heard it. It makes sense to me.