Eureka - 7/17/07 - Try, Try Again

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS

Advertisements

Interesting episode!!

Did I actually see the psychiatrist planting a bug or something in Henry's garage/lab area? Or did I see that incorrectly?

2. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Allison's master password: 8675309

Heh. The wikipedia entry for 8675309 has already been updated.

ETA: The wikipedia actually had 2 entries for it due to wikismeeking. I deleted one of them.

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Much better than the season premiere IMO.

4. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Funny I didn't even notice what the number was, only that it was created by going up diagonally along 3 different rows of numbers. I'd never noticed that about 867-5309 either. :)

5. thurston608

thurston608 record this

Nov 9, 2006
    Washington, DC

Advertisements

i enjoyed the season premiere, but i have to agree -- the second episode was even better. i really love where they are going with this season.

6. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    Much better than the premier.

Interesting solution.

Umm, A few hours into his confinement, Fargo said that he really had to use the bathroom. Did he "go" and if he went, where did it go?

Also, you would think as smart as all of these people at GD are, that they would be able to back up their computers a little faster than 8 hours. I'm just sayin'

7. laststarfighter

laststarfighter New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    These aren't Dells. These are super advanced Global Dynamics computers. ;)

A couple of things about the episode:
    Didn't Fargo just finish using the restroom just before turning on the device? And he has to go again after 2 hours? Did he just drink a ton of coffee that morning or something?

Obviously the force field was letting nothing in or out. It obviously could repel liquid as we saw when he washed his hands. I would assume it was air tight too. So at the start, his field was about two inches away from his body. That does not seem like enough air to last several hours.

Again, assuming the force field was air tight, when it was expanding, it would have been creating a vaccuum. Fargo would have died from that alone.

8. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    You expect accurate science on this show? :)

9. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    They have actually spent the time to figure these little things out for other things... making this show a pleasent suprise...

10. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    Since it was designed as a personal force-field, say for a soldier, I'd assume it was permeable to air. Otherwise, the soldiers would have to bring a SCUBA tank on every mission.

In fact, we can be certain that it was air-permeable because it was sound permeable. Sound requires matter to transmit, and we could certainly hear Fargo...

11. laststarfighter

laststarfighter New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    OK, I guess that is reasonable. We can assume that the force field was not vibrating to conduct the sound so it had to be air. So I guess if I was an evil dictator all I would need to do now is make sure I had enough killer gas to counteract all these super soldiers with personal forcefields. :D

12. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    That's what gas masks are for! ;)

I imagine Fargo's first stop would be the nearest bathroom! :D

13. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Did it bug anyone else that Allison didn't have to confirm her password? ;)

14. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I really wanted to know why they didn't schedule the handover from Stark to Allison at a more reasonable hour for a shutdown, like at 6 PM. Everyone knows you perform backups and shutdowns overnight, so you minimize impact on the day shift!

15. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

Yeah, I was wondering why they didn't do it at 6pm on a Friday.

16. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I forgot something else that I should have posted last week: How about the new sets at Global Dynamics??? I'm sure they were expensive, especially all those pointless steps INSIDE the front door to get to the lobby area.

17. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Clicking on the password link in safari on my iphone makes it ask me if I want to call the number. That's odd behavior even for safari.

18. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    She was planting (or retrieving) something from Kim's work area before the accident. It wasn't in Henry's garage.

19. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The video was playing in Henry's garage/lab area, so ... I guess it's 50/50 where she was seen planting the bug. ;)

20. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    OH! So it was in Kim's lab..... interesting!