ESPNHD picture grainy

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by riddler24x7, Mar 16, 2006.

1. riddler24x7

riddler24x7 New Member

Dec 7, 2005

Advertisements

Does anyone else here have a grainy picture on ESPNHD and ESPN2HD? Sometimes the picture is a little grainy. I have a 32" Panasonic LCD and a HR10-250 Directv receiver connected with an HDMI cable. I also have this problem viewing HD feeds from D-TV on FOX and NBC, and also with my OTA antenna. Comments????

2. DavidS

DavidS Member

Sep 27, 2000
    Dayton Ohio
    Most of the time ESPNHD is not, in fact, HD. Such as whenever the image is 4:3 with those fancy ESPN bars at the side. Are these the shows you're talking about?

3. riddler24x7

riddler24x7 New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    No, I am talking about the broadcasts that are indeed HD, such as Sportscenter.

4. Chargerdan

Chargerdan New Member

Dec 10, 2004
    San Diego
    If you are getting grainy images on ESPNHD, FOX and NBC then I would assume it isn't one channel causing the problems. It all depends on what shows you watch. Fox has some dark image shows like 24 that can look more grainy than normal. Same for NBC. If Sportscenter is grainy that's strange because it's a bright show and should look the best of their programming. Try using component to send the signal to the TV and see if it's the same.

5. riddler24x7

riddler24x7 New Member

Dec 7, 2005

Advertisements

Don't get me wrong, the picture for shows such as Sportscenter is awesome. I guess my standards for HD may be a little high.

6. Buckett

Buckett New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    I just switched from E*, and I agree that D* ESPNHD has poor PQ for HD (including graininess).

7. Mr2sday

Mr2sday New Member

Jul 8, 2005
    I see this on dramas, but I thought it was done on purpose by the directors to give it a more raw feel. I hadn't noticed it on ESPNH.