Esata - plenty of room, why deleting?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by zimrules1, Jul 10, 2007.

1. zimrules1

zimrules1 New Member

Sep 19, 2003

Advertisements

Hey all,

I made the plunge a few weeks back and upgraded with a 750G e-sata drive. I notice that tivo still chooses to "clean itself" up by moving items to the recently deleted folder. Granted, they stick around in there forever now, but it's annoying to pluck them out when there's plenty of available space.

Other than manually "keep until I delete"-ing all the programs we want to watch, any ideas on this?

2. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Do they happen to be for Season Passes or Wishlists that are set to keep at most 5 or 10 episodes? If so, the TiVo will still delete them regardless of how much space it has.

3. zimrules1

zimrules1 New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Nope - they're normal single episodes. Both, chosen by us and tivo suggestions.

4. flyersfan

flyersfan New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    eastern PA
    I've never had anything move into Recently Deleted that I didn't delete myself. On all of our units, S3 and S2s, suggestions disappear when new ones are recorded or when a scheduled recording occurs. Same is true when season pass rules are applied.

5. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

Have you tried looking in the Recording History (top of the ToDo List)?

If the deleted show was recorded in the last 2 weeks then it should still have an entry, and that should list when and why it was deleted.

(I assume S3 TiVo still have the recording history)