1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error T[0x1000000] on TiVo iOS App

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by whboyd, Sep 6, 2017.

1. whboyd

whboyd New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    I recorded several movies from HDNet and HBO on my Roamio Pro so I could transfer them to my iOS devices, running the latest iOS 10 and latest TiVo app. This worked fine for all but one movie. When I try to download that, it first shows "Waiting", then "Calculating", then it shows me this:
    Problem Downloading. Unable to download [movie name]. Please try again. Error T[0x1000000].
    I get this on two different iOS devices and with various resolutions. TiVo phone support was of no help. Can anyone explain what that error means? Thanks.

Nealf likes this.
  2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I think that's ONE of the errors I VERY VERY VEY VERY VERY VERY often get when trying to download.

My black box perspective is that it means the tivo streaming device crashed and/or the iOS app lost connection.

You usually have to re-successfully complete a 'setup' (which OFTEN can be done out of house once you have done it once in house).. Of wait a LONG time (at LEAST 5 minutes, sometimes longer), and sometimes you can do "system information". If it shows you reasonable info ("unknown" only for the IP address), then it 'figured itself out again'.. and you can likely try another download attempt.

You might only get a few more megabytes.. and you'll have to wait, try again.. and sometimes you have to manually restart the streaming device (NOT the same as rebooting the Tivo) to get it to start streaming again..

Yes it's that big of a pain for me usually. (In the past few days, I finally found one show -- that Romeo & Juliet followon series from ABC -- that actually HAS been successfully downloading in a few tries each episode.. which is more proof to me that it's somehow related to the recording specs of the show.)

3. whboyd

whboyd New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    I've seen plenty of other types of download failures. Often I can fix those by restarting the app or rebooting the iOS device. This case is different. For this particular movie I haven't been able to transfer ANY bytes. During a call to TiVo support today I was told that my problem had been referred to TiVo's software people.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    well again, I am just almost positive that's one of the error codes I see often when a download partially fails.. I just have to restart the streaming device or just wait a (long) while and try again. it sucks. I'd pay money for the downloading (or streaming -- I only download because streaming hits the same problems and if I download I USUALLY can watch it if it was a complete download) to be fixed.

5. Nealf

Nealf New Member

Jan 17, 2012
    I have been having this same problem on my iPads for a week or so. I know the app is connecting to the TiVo because I can see all the programs recorded there, but nothing can stream. Always get the error t[0x1000000].

I have rebooted iPads (two different ones) and restarted the TiVo.