1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error s308 unable to complete setup

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by brett obraza, Aug 12, 2018.

1. brett obraza

brett obraza New Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I bought a roamio vox OTA and it works great. I added a mini vox from best buy and it gets through the setup and fails. I go on tivos website thinking maybe I need to activate it but it says box is already activated? I call tivo and they give me some bs about the boxes from best buy have a software glitch or something (she didnt sound like she had a clue) and they are not sure when it will be fixed. I get error s308.

Sorry for the long post, just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

Thanks!

2. drebbe

drebbe Carbon Blob

Apr 11, 2012
    Sector 7G
    Yes, I purchased a Vox Mini from BestBuy yesterday. Same S308 Error. TiVo support says they are aware of the issue. Told me to unplug the new mini for two days and then try again and issue is supposed to be resolved. What an absolutely awful, terrible out-of-the box experience. Unbelievable that a company with a market cap of $1.5 billion tells you that the box you just bought wont work for two days because of a software glitch.

3. brett obraza

brett obraza New Member

Aug 12, 2018

4. brett obraza

brett obraza New Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Yes I agree. If it helps mine is working now but I had to wait 3 days for it to finally activate