"error Playing A Recording"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by drod88, Mar 12, 2007.

1. drod88

drod88 New Member

Mar 12, 2007

Advertisements

our scheduling information ran out so I manually recorded my show. In the now playing list of recordings it shows that my show actually recorded for the hour but when I click on play a screen comes up that says

" ERROR PLAYING A RECORDING
    the Tivo DVR was not able to record this program because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record on a channel that you don't receive."

can anyone help or advise me on how to get the show to play?

thanks in advance

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Stock TiVo or recently upgraded? The show is not there so you are not going to get it to play regardless of what now playing list shows.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I'd try a reboot/restart. Many weird situations can be fixed this way. And, this may be one where the TiVo is reporting the problem because it didn't really know why it did/didn't record.

4. miguelito928

miguelito928 New Member

Mar 18, 2007
    I just got this error message tonight. I know we get that channel, so I don't understand how I am getting this message... It recorded for 2 1/2 hours.

5. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York

Advertisements

Connect the phone line - I think the TiVo wont let you record because it believes you need your subscription.

I have a neighbor whose husband refuses to run a phone line to his TiVo - about once a week, or longer, he runs a phone line to the TiVo to get his connection - His wife is constantly bugging us to have me cut a VCR tape for her when the program guide runs out - her manual recordings stop too.

6. youpeace

youpeace New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    very unfortunate that there is no way to fix this problem

7. ddonohue

ddonohue Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Eastern PA
    This problem is a bit old, but I have new info that might shed some light on it. Go here.