Error Message using Tuning Adapter

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by CTirish, Apr 23, 2018.

If you had this problem, vote yes !

Poll closed May 3, 2018.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. CTirish

CTirish New Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Hi, I've had Cox Cable techs out here three times in the last week because of a problem with my TIVO. It started when a retention person at Cox told me she could reduce my bill by installing two new devices. The technician took out my TIVO and installed a Contour. I called Cox and exploded at them. They sent someone on Monday who reinstalled the Cable Card and Tuning Adapter. Since then I keep getting a TIVO message (D267) that a firmware update is required and until such time I won't see all of the channels or be able to record from some channels. Now, there is a third Cox technician here and he keeps saying that TIVOs aren't their responsibility (wrong, Cox created the problem). The D267 Error Message doesn't exist on the TIVO or Cox Cable websites. Other symptoms: on Cable Card decoder page - the tuning adapter line keeps switching from "Tuning Adapter in use" to "No Tuning Adapter'. I also can't connect my MoCa network anymore

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    My TA is a PITA but never caused that error message.

Teeps likes this.
  3. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    If this were Watergate, this line would be "follow the money".

There are two ways to hook up the TA, one that almost sorta kinda comes close to working occasionally, and one that effs everything up. Your installer appears to have gone with Option B. You'll need a splitter to implement Option A. Based on this report and my own personal experience with Cox, I'm also going to place a side bet on you have no POE filter.

4. CTirish

CTirish New Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Thank you for all your help ! He tried everything he wanted to try, I reminded him that he was supposed to bring a new TA with him. He didn't want to try to get a new TA to put in. He wanted to leave as he had 2 more calls this pm. He went outside and I called Cox Cable and spoke to a supervisor. He came back in a bit later and said he going to get a new TA. The new TA fixed the message, but my MoCa network wasn't working even though it said it was connected. Again, he said he was leaving and I said I don't think so. I told him to unplug the Ethernet and after explaining what it was and were it was plugged in, he managed to do it. That fixed the MoCa network but I still couldn't connect to the Satellite for Amazon Fire TV. I turned the Amazon FireTV off and back on and that fixed the satellite. I said think of everything you've learned today, he said he hoped TIVO would go belly up.

JoeKustra likes this.
  5. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    LOL, stating what probably is the real attitude of most Cable TV personnel but is rarely shown that openly to customers. TiVo has always been a PITA to them since they went digital and had to supply (and support?) TA's and CableCARDS.

6. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    The guy needs to evaluate his current life situation and make some changes.
    Sounds like some auto-techs I used to help with repairs; they were not happy anymore doing their job.

7. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I think the guy has correctly evaluated his situation as a Cable TV tech, as defined by his management, except that it's rarely good to wash dirty laundry in front of customers.