"Error loading series data"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by KeepingUp, Jan 8, 2021.

1. KeepingUp

KeepingUp New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Michigan

Advertisements

My Bolt plus is giving an error message: "error loading series data" as the final step in the "loading ..." step of the maint call. It then "fails" the maint call, scheduling a repeat call for an hour later , (for a repeat fail) Eventually the Bolt will refuse to record because of the repetitive maint fails. Tivo support is not helpful.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    You didn't say how long this has been occurring, but there's been reports that rebooting your Modem and/or router can clear things like that up.

-KP

3. KeepingUp

KeepingUp New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Michigan
    It has been happening since 12-22-20.

I have booted everything several times.
    Every other function of the Bolt is working fine, it talks to the minis and connects to get the guide. I believe that the problem is rooted in the database.
    For some reason it gets an error midway in loading what it downloaded on the maint connection. I have a hard time believing that is a network problem.
    All of the rest of my Tivos also are on the same network, and work fine.

4. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    There has also been reports that simply changing the IP Address of the TiVo has cured a similar problem.

-KP

5. KeepingUp

KeepingUp New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Michigan

Advertisements

The Bolt is communicating j fine. It makes the call, downloads data, ends the call. And then begins to load the data. It is "loading" when it gets the error.

6. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    OK.

-KP

7. GBL

GBL covert opiniative

Apr 20, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    In the past fixing this error involved re-doing guided setup twice, once with zip code '00000', then again with your correct zip code; this used to clear out any index data and gives you a fresh start. YMMV.

8. KeepingUp

KeepingUp New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Michigan
    Thanks GBL
    My searches never showed this action. Is this a recent solution?
    I am planning to make one more call to Tivo support, and then try this.
    Would you also suggest to clear guide data & to do list prior to the Guided Setup?

thanks again
    John