1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 56:7 during Downloading to Phone

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sdpadres, Jun 15, 2016.

1. sdpadres

sdpadres Member

Dec 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm trying to download some of my recorded shows to my Galaxy S7 phone. I keep getting error 56:7. Anyone have an idea what this means?

2. samw5

samw5 New Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Did u ever figure this out?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

3. SCSIRAID

SCSIRAID Active Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Vero Beach, FL
    Im having the same problem... Just started using the app. The download goes all the way to the end and then fails with 56:7. Im using a Pixel Tablet.

4. steneni

steneni Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Virginia, USA
    If you have your phone auto locking after a few minutes I've seen problems myself. Disable the phones auto lock feature while downloading.

5. SCSIRAID

SCSIRAID Active Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Vero Beach, FL
    Yeah... found that part... if the tablet goes to 'lock' then the download stops with Error 56:-1 (or was it 57) but resumes when I unlock it. Ive extended the sleep timer to 30 minutes and i keep messing with it so it wont lock and I still get the same issue.. .56:7 when it gets to the very end.

Thanks...

6. oscarfish

oscarfish Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I'm not sure if this is the best thread to discuss this given it's age, but I just ran across the Error 56 : 7 today. In short, my fix was to uninstall the Tivo app and then reinstall it. Now it appears to be working.

I don't know when the problem started since I don't download and watch shows on my Nexus 5X very often. First thing I noticed today is that all of the 5 shows I had downloaded to the device two months or so ago were there, but I could not play them. The play button was ghosted out. At some point, I saw an error message saying something about how they had expired. I think that was when I deleted them. It was all very strange. It's true that those shows were no longer on the Tivo itself, but I didn't think that should matter.

After I deleted the shows that were already on the device, I tried to download new ones. That was when the 56:7 error showed it. It's bad enough that it doesn't work, but it's really frustrating that the error shows up near the end of the ~300MB transfer. I tried both the medium and basic (can't remember if that's the right term) transfer modes. Same result, although there is something strange/not right about basic file sizes. Something was wrong with the progress screen. It showed the already downloaded higher then the end size. I can't remember exactly what it said. That was when I switched over and started testing the medium sizes.

Other misc notes. I have a Nexus 7 that did not have any shows on it so I couldn't tell if any previously downloaded shows on it were playable. However, I did download a new show and it was playable, so whatever was affecting my Nexus 5X install wasn't affecting the Nexus 7.

In my case, the problem is not lock screen/sleep related since I babysat it and kept the device from locking. I also kept the Tivo app active in the foreground so I don't believe this is an Android background restriction issue, but I can't be sure.

tagge likes this.
  7. tagge

tagge New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    I also had the pleasure of receiving the “Error 56:7” error at the very conclusion of downloading a ~300MB show to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet S3. Like oscarfish’s comment above, I removed the TiVo app and reinstalled it. It’s working fine now…. but come on TiVo, “Error 56:7” is the best you can do? If you set an indicator in the client (tablet, phone, whatever) to block “expired” media, have a way to reset the indicator on the TiVo DVR (server). Having to remove and reinstall the client app is not a solution that earns you any stars. Just saying…