erm...Where is my tivo account?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by WebAgents, Jun 28, 2011.

1. WebAgents

WebAgents It's TiVo-lutionary!

Jan 3, 2003
    North West...
    Hi,

Just got back from a week away and my tivo is now tellign me that my account had been killed and to ring CS on...<no number>

Now a V.Quick look here leads me to believe that Tivo have decided to kill their epg etc and stuff my lifetime sub in the bin.

Legal issues aside is I seem to think that you lot have sorted an alternative epg etc?

So if anyone can point me in the direction of what I need to do to give cpr to my beloved tivo please?

My tivo has been upgraded with a couple of disks, kernel etc. Also a cachecard and all daily calls are via the internet Not used a phone line for years)

BTW, did tivo bother to tell anyone? I never got a letter or saw a note on the box...

Thanks

Bryan

2. Johnbyte

Johnbyte New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Take a look at the options shown in the forum at Altepg.com.

There have been Tivo messages for months - you may not have seen them, for some reason.

3. worm

worm Damn The Man!

Feb 10, 2005
    Coldstream...
    Yes, TiVo have ceased their service - they now offer services only through Virgin Media, which is obviously only available in areas covered by Virgin Media.

Virgin Media TiVo

A community project is endeavouring to continue the data service to existing TiVo customers, with a great deal of success.

See the AltEPG Project

4. WebAgents

WebAgents It's TiVo-lutionary!

Jan 3, 2003
    North West...

My box was off for six months since November last year so maybe that's why I missed the messages - not there upon switching on again.

Just registering my tivo at altepg :up: as i type - Hope it all goes smoothly :cool: