ER 11/8/2007 (S14E07) "Blackout"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Nov 9, 2007 #1 of 48
    dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

That was painful to watch Abby spiral so quickly into the toilet. I honestly don't think I can take this show anymore if we have to suffer through a lengthy Abby-depression again. It just brings down everything good about the show. I was almost hoping that she'd die in an auto accident there when she started driving to the airport.

2. Nov 9, 2007 #2 of 48
    pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    yeah, the entire show seemed forced and the direction of the storyline very boring. drunk / depressed / idiotic abby isn't good tv {at least that i want to watch}

3. Nov 9, 2007 #3 of 48
    sbelew

sbelew Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Does anyone else think that Abby might be showing signs of Bi-Polar like her mom has? Interesting idea I think. My wife brought it to my attention last night with the bar scenes and the scene at the ticket counter at the airport.

4. Nov 9, 2007 #4 of 48
    ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I believe this is her last season on the show and I guess they want to give her role a little more substance for her swan song.

5. Nov 9, 2007 #5 of 48
    jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

Isn't this the last season for the show?

6. Nov 9, 2007 #6 of 48
    Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    This show is still on? Seems I remember being hooked on it for a season or two in the mid 90s.

7. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I caught the season finale of will and grace the other day in a rerun and laughed at their flash forward 20 years into the future and ER was still on :eek:

8. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    Is it the last season?? I love ER - but, it's starting to lose my attention. And, I really like Abby, and hope they don't dwell too long on this. Didn't like this episode, at all. (Other then Morris - love him! )

9. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    That was the worst episode of ER that I've seen in a while.
    And that's saying something.

BTW, it doesn't speak well for Moretti that he slept with a direct report.

10. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    There have been rumblings that ER will continue past this season. It's a great venue for stories. The show still continues to entertain, and no need to end it if there are enough production staff and cast members willing to continue.

11. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I thought this was a pretty good episode for what it was.
    A good representation of what can happen during a drunken blackout (Not that I would know ;)).

My favorite moment was when Abby woke up and saw Moretti.
    "D'OH !!!!!!!!!!":D

12. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    It would be interesting if part of this is caused by bipolar issues.

Boo to Luka for not being around. She called and begged him to come home.

13. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    An obviously intoxicated, and married one at that.

Chuni: I can't believe Pratt and Morris are attendings now. I remember when Mark Green and Doug Ross ran this place
    Sam: Who?

14. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Agreed. I don't think this is the least bit entertaining, if anything, it's painful to watch a character I like go downhill, especially since I think it's unrealistic given what she went though to get here. I mean she conquered all that other stuff just to lose it when her husband is away for a few weeks?

I still watch out of some perverted sense of duty but it's the last thing I watch each week on the TiVo since I'm willing to put that at risk if I run out of space.

15. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Who plays the chaplain? She looks very familiar.

Did she play the girl with the rash/STD who slept with Carter in the first season?

16. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
  17. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I don't know if this is Tierny's last season but I believe that Goran Visnjic will be gone after this year since he's only doing like four episodes this year.

I would guess that they are grooming Morris and Pratt to step up but can they sustain the show?

18. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    No.

I think they've been trying to find (a) new lead(s). Tucci could do it, but I'm not sure if he's in it for the long-term. I bet they were trying to put John Stamos forward, but I don't think he can carry a show like ER.

Nagra is a much better actress than ER has let her be. I wonder if she could be part of a Stamos/Nagra/Grimes triumvirate. (Phifer, I thought I read, was set to leave as well as Tierney.)

19. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    The problem isn't the missing husband, it's the "alone with the baby". Although considering how much childcare she has, I have limited sympathy.

20. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    When Abby woke up from her blackout, I was kinda hoping she would be in her own bed, which would have left her (and us) guessing whether or not she slept with Moretti.