epg download

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by tom gates, Aug 17, 2007.

1. tom gates

tom gates New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    We are looking for the technical partner who could
    solve the following TIVO technical issues:

2) Is there any way to override its internal Channel
    Frequency Table with our own pre-defined channel
    frequency table?
    Please let us know, if it is technical feasible to
    archive these technical goals, so we could have the
    further discussions, in terms of both technical side
    and financial side.

2. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    Nope. This sounds a lot like theft of service. In order to use a TiVo, you must download their guide data.

What's wrong with the guide data from TiVo? Are you outside the US and Canada, UK, or Taiwan?

Also, you don't need to post the same exact question 3 times in the same forum.

3. tom gates

tom gates New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    sorry,i am in china,tivo'partner now has now service,i hope i can loadup my epg(edited by myself) to tivo,is it possible?

4. tom gates

tom gates New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    and scan the cable's frequency point well

5. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    I don't know about the frequency table issue, but without the guide data which is the service tivo provides (and bypassing is theft of service) its just an expensive paperweight.

6. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    If you are on the up-and-up, you could probably work with the TGC folks to get what you want.

7. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Since you aren't getting much help here I suggest you read up over on the Australian Tivo boards where they do just what you are asking. I tried my best but I cannot see how you can be a service thief if no service is available to begin with.

8. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    Its kind of in a Grey area, I could see if the service isn't available in an area being able to do that would be nice but the same hack could easily be used in an area where the service is availble to steal service. Kind of like having lock picking tools, its OK to pick your own lock, but not someone else's lock. Just here it is generally not acceptable to tell people how to pick the lock in the first place.

9. BTUx9

BTUx9 back?

Nov 13, 2003
    Rockport, MA
    Good analogy

10. tom gates

tom gates New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    TGC in china has no service now,TIVO is a nice box ,but service is needed,but now service escape from the box,sure we hope we can support the box by ourself

11. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Your analogy makes sense but its something I have never agreed with.

tom gates: An alternative to the Australian forums would be the South African forums as they do the same thing.

12. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    So its OK if someone gets lock picking tools and open locks of your house and goes in without your permission? Like I tried to convey, there are instances when when I personally feel it is OK, to do things like what the OP wants (open his locks). But the same set of tools can be used just as easily to steal service (open someone else's lock). And like you quoted me it isn't generally accepted HERE to talk about it.

13. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    The TGC box needs subbed to work, as it is the same generation as the Series 2 DT. Yes, onece you sub the box you could likely proxy your own guide data to it. What is being said here though, is that such activity is OT here at TCF.