Entourage: "The WeHo Ho" OAD: 7-22-2007 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Jul 22, 2007.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Ari actually helping Lloyd? Priceless.

E just can't get along with Billy? Somewhat boooorrrrring.

Drama getting himself ripped off? That was telegraphed so badly it was definitely boring.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Lloyd, you DAWG! :D

And I'm more convinced than ever that Medellin sucks.

3. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    what was the name of the song at the end?...not my usual cup of tea but I loved it...

4. fliptheflop

fliptheflop Member

Sep 20, 2005
    I think it was Nina Simone - Sinner Man

5. berfy

berfy New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Mobile
    I live in WeHo but didn't see the episode. What was the basic plot?

6. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    It looks like things are not going to end happy for the boys, for a change...Drama and Turtle get ripped off...E and Vinny heading for the skids. Hopefully they don't wimp out and its ends happily ever-after as it usually does...

7. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    thanks...I see two versions on iTunes...one is 6:15 and the other is 4:35

any idea which version is the one that played here? or are they both the same?

8. montag

montag New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    I doubt they are both the same. ;)

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Ah, that Anubys--such a...

Well, you know...

:D

10. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    Ari was helping himself, he couldn't give a crap about Lloyd.

11. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    the word you're looking for is "Genius" :p

there are many songs where the first few minutes are identical and then they add a couple of minutes of instrumental/singing instead of fading...

it's possible!

the iTunes version sucked...had to buy a double disk from Amazon just to get the right version...

12. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    I really like this show.
    But it is looking more and more like a sitcom.
    They need to get the edge back.

13. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    The one thing that this show has going for it is that it is definintely not a sitcom. In your basic runofthemill ABC/NBC/CBS sitcom, events from the previous week rarely are even mentioned in episodes to follow. Thankfully, this is not true of Entourage.

I think E needs to give it a rest with his issues with Billy. His client/friend is broke. He has no money and has pissed off most of hollywood by being an ******. A movie that will pay him $6 million dollars is better than no money at all.

14. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    I wouldn't say Drama and Turtle got "ripped off." That would imply that somebody intentionally hoodwinked them or stole from them, and I don't think Cousin Ronnie did that - I think he was just guilty of misinterpreting his facts.

Rather than being ripped off by someone else, they were the cause of their own financial downfall by trying a cockamamied "get-rich-quick" scheme.

And the fact is that they ought to be able to auction the jersey off for at least a decent percentage of what they paid, so they're not really out $62,000, probably more like $5000-$15000.

15. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I don't know I thought it was a pretty solid episode.

Come on, Drama and Turtle spent 62k on a Sandy Koufax jersey.

16. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    Basic plot:

After E tells Ari that E cannot work with Billy on "A Walk in the Clouds," Ari gets E, Vinnie and Billy together. Billy apologizes to E for accusing him of leaking the trailer because he has discovered that it was his assistant's girlfriend who actually leaked it. They have a group hug after Billy tells E he's like a brother to him, and E reluctantly agrees that the three of them can do "A Walk in the Clouds" together. Ari sets up a meeting for them with the agent who is putting that film together. At the meeting, Billy once more makes a demeaning comment about E. Later, E tells Vinnie he just can't do the movie with Billy, and that they should get another producer. E adds that, as Vinnie's manager, he thinks "A Walk in the Clouds" is a mistake for Vinnie because he thinks that Billy has peaked and will bomb the film out, repeating his assertion that Billy screwed up Medellin. Vinnie decides that he is going to do AWITC anyway, and he and E act uncomfortable around each other after that.

Turtle's cousin Ronnie has inside information that 1960s baseball great and Hall of Famer Sandy Koufax is gravely ill and about to die, and hits on an idea to invest in a Koufax jersey at an auction for $50,000, figuring the price will skyrocket after Koufax's impending death. Turtle recruits Drama to invest with him, and after initial misgivings about taking advantage of someone else's death, Drama can't resist the lure of bidding in the auction, even after Ronnie himself bows out because of similar "taking advantage of death" concerns. Drama and Turtle end up bidding $62,000 (presumably $10,000 by Turtle and $52,000 by Drama) for the Koufax jersey only to discover that it is not Koufax who is deathly ill, but Koufax's pet dog.

Meanwhile, Lloyd has broken up with his boyfriend, and is so broken up about it that he leaves the office, later telling Ari that he'll come back only when Tom comes back to him. Ari is lost without Lloyd to assist him, so he goes to talk with Tom. Discovering from Tom that Lloyd cheated on Tom, Ari covers for Lloyd, telling Tom that Lloyd was with Ari all night at a movie premiere the night that he allegedly cheated. Ari calls up Lloyd and tells him he covered his cheating ass, and get back to the office.

17. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

You can also hear it here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0696619/

18. xuxa

xuxa Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2001
    CTU, Edgar Stiles speaking....wanna buy a baseball jersey.

19. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    Loved this episode.

That's all. :)

20. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    The song at the end was also used in the Thomas Crown Affair with Pierce Pronson. It was playing while he was returning the painting.