Entourage: "No Cannes Do" OAD: 8-26-2007 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Aug 26, 2007.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

Now that definitely seemed like a filler episode. :(

2. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    worst ending yet... KANYE!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! all I have to say is BOOOOO!

3. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Kanye... ugh.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Ironically, it seems to me that when they mix with "real Hollywood," the show is at its most artificial and least plausible. I assume it's because "real Hollywood" people can't be bothered to learn and rehearse their lines, but I believe Vinnie, Ari, and the crew as Hollywood players a lot more when there aren't Anna Farrisses and Kanyes dragging things down with their wooden performances.

(And also ironically, Sidney Pollack is an exception; he always seems natural. Then again, he's always been a good actor in addition to being one of the better directors around.)

5. stiffi

stiffi New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Charm City

Advertisements

For all the Billy Walsh haters... He was great in this episode.

Two Great lines:

1. "I have one bag you fruit cup. I took 3 Ambien and I can't lift my arms!"
    2. "Unless my triple vision deceives me, here comes the little man now"

6. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    Kanye's best scene was when he gave Ari the look.

+1 on Billy's lines

The rest of the episode not so great.

7. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Anyone know whose house they are filming at? That has got to be the most incredible view I have ever seen. I just watched that scene 3 or 4 times to see the balcony and the view.

8. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    I didn't have that feeling with Anna Farriss or Sidney Pollack, but Kanye West was just awful. It was like, "Hey, let's get Kanye West and somehow pretend he knows Turtle. It'll totally work." I was actually pretty disappointed with the plane scene. Sidney Pollack says, "Hey, I'd really like to meet Vince, see if we can work together." Either Ari never told this to Vince, or Vince just totally disregarded it and was more interested in hanging with his friends than working with a respected director. I guess this shouldn't be surprising.

And I'm always amazed when people say, "Oh, this was just a filler episode." We're not talking about Lost or Heroes or The Sopranos. It's a show about the life in Hollywood. Most of their lives are filler that somehow we've made more important than it really was. All I care about with Entourage is, did it entertain me. There are very few episodes - in fact, I can't think of any - where I answer that with a no.

9. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Was kind of dumb for Vince to take that stand on the plane. To be honest though, Vince has never been the smartest knife in the drawer when it camr to furthering his career. I think it was important for Eric not to be there for that discussion because he would have never allowed Vince to just back out on going to Cannes for the movie because he left his boys behind.

10. generalpatton71

generalpatton71 Open,Flash and clear

Oct 30, 2002
    Classified
    Eric getting fired by Anna didn't make sense either. She said she didn't like the script and was surprised Eric didn't. Then 5 sec later he admits he doesn't either and she fires him??? I guess a 3 episode arch was all she signed up for but you would think they could do better then that. Like maybe she sleeps with him and it screw things up or something. This was as bad as saying my $H** stinks so "Your Fired".

11. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I thought it was implied that she fired him because he lied at first because it was in Vince's best interest and not hers for her to be in the movie.

12. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    That is what I thought as well. But I will agree that it seemed like a totally weak way to end it.

13. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    I didn't mind the episode, just the terrible Kanye part. He could have been better, or it could have been written better, but everyone was so pumped to see Kanye, when they really should have called up lloyd and had him come back on the trip. Cannes with Lloyd would have been priceless!

14. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    I don't think we should necessarily assume that E is telling the truth about Anna firing him.

Don't forget that at the end of the conversation where Vince reminded E that Vince is supposed to come first, Vince told E something like "at least make it look like you're trying to take care of my interests first."

So maybe the "Anna fired me" story is simply E's cover for him telling her not to do Silo.

15. Sparty99

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    Can't believe that Eric is lying about being fired by Anna, because doing so would probably end everything with Vince.

16. dkincaid

dkincaid New Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Yeah, I agree it has to be something along those lines. I really would be surprised if that whole plot line ended so abrubtly.

17. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I can't believe E would be stupid enough to make up a lie like that. There's no way he could still be representing Anna "in secret". I suppose it's possible that the breakup happened differently (E dumped her for example) but if so why not just say that? I'm confident that it happened just as E said: she got mad and dumped him as her manager.

I do agree that it's pretty lame writing though: not a very good reason for dumping him. I get the concept: she hired E because he told her the truth and that's what she wanted, then when he didn't tell her the truth she didn't want him anymore. But as others have said, it was not well done. She wasn't far enough into it for that to matter. Maybe if she'd signed something or even just told someone else she would do the movie, THEN he told her he didn't like it, it would have made more sense.

Whatever, it's Hollywood! :)

18. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    It would have made more sense for her to fire him and then sleep with him.

19. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    The show does just fine without the acting "talents" of Kanye West. I hope he was just transportation across the atlantic and won't be in the finale. It is likely he was on the show because of his recent album release.

20. Sparty99

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    How about this possibility for the Anna/E breakup: they're toasting to the movie role. They start flirting - E thought she was cute, Anna thought E was cute, E thought they were out on a date. Then E tells her he doesn't like the movie role. Anna thinks that E's being honest with her only because of the possibility of a relationship forming and this eventually coming up somehow. Anna fires him because E wasn't honest with her earlier. Then she thinks that maybe E only became her manager only because he wanted to sleep with her, so she rules out any future relationship talk as well.

Yes/no?