Enterprise on HD Net Season Pass Issue

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by JB3, Sep 19, 2006.

1. JB3

JB3 New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    NJ

Advertisements

I was looking forward to finally seeing Star Trek Enterprise in HD on HDNet. Setup my season pass as soon as it showed up in the guide. Last night I got done watching another show and flipped into the now playing list to check out Enterprise, and it's not in the list. Enterprise was actually about half way thru on HDNet at the time. I went into the recording history and it tells me that Enterprise was not recorded because the season pass was changed. I checked the SP and it looks fine to me. Doutful that it was changed as you need to unlock the box to do anything....keeps the kids on their own TiVo.

I'm wondering of the messing around that D* did to drop HDNet for Sunday Ticket bandwidth messed with my Season Pass. Did anyone else have this problem?

2. cheer

cheer Registered Offender

Nov 13, 2005
    Gurnee, IL
    Recorded just fine for me with my season pass -- looks gorgeous, too. :)

3. thebarge

thebarge New Member

May 2, 2005
    Heck yeah it did! I'm going to have to get a SP for this. Luckily mine recorded it as a suggestion so I caught it last night before going to bed.

4. mb2k

mb2k New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Funny, I almost ran into the same problem. Set up a SP for it a few days ago, then happened to be checking my to do list during the game and lo and behold, no recording for ST scheduled. Manually set it up for recording, but not sure why the 1st ep didn't show up. wierd..

BTW, the picture itself looked kinda grainy but I'm assuming it was intentional. Not sure.

Tony

5. Mavrick22

Mavrick22 New Member

Feb 7, 2006

Advertisements

My HR10-250 missed it also but the HR20 recorded it just fine go figure. If this starts happening more I think I may start to smell a consperisery against the ones that are still using the HR10's

6. BBREAL

BBREAL New Member

May 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I noticed it got dropped from the SP as well, but caught it in time to record it. When the listing 1st appeared it was a generic description and a few days before it went to the specific episode description. As of the other day when I last checked, the next week episode is still generic. This has something to do with it I think.

7. heathramos

heathramos New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I had a problem a little while ago where I had a season pass for something on tnt-hd and it didn't record.

I looked at the reason and it said I didn't have the channel (which wasn't true obviously).

I ended up deleting the season pass and adding it back and it worked.

not sure what happened.

maybe something with them dropping tnt-hd and/or hdnet over the weekend for sunday ticket.

btw...star trek enterprise recorded okay for me. :)

8. giser

giser New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pacific NW
    I got mine to record with SP but whenever tried to set up a SP I got a, sort of confusing, message saying that it conflicted with sheduled programs on both tuners for that time and that it would record as shown in a list below the message and above the 3 options.

Options

1. Record as shown(or something like that).

2. Record all episodes(or something).

3. Cancel SP.

I chose 3 and went looking for the conflicts, found and deleted a few "suggestions" and "to do" items but when I tried again I got the same message so eventually I chose 1 and it worked fine. So far. I guess I'll have to keep my eye on it.

I wasn't sure exactly what option 2 meant.

No upgrade yet.

9. Eben

Eben New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    IIRC, Option 1 puts the SP at the bottom of your SP List; Option 2 puts it at the top. You can always go into SP Manager and reorder.

10. JimL

JimL New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Johnstown, PA
    I too had set this SP up when I saw the commercial advertising it and it recorded perfectly.

I thought that the program looked soft also - not HDNet usual crisp sharpness. It got to the point that I was thinking maybe Scott Bakula requested a "fuzz" lens or something to soften the facial lines - because his closeups looked much softer than the character he was talking to when the camera angle would switch back and forth between them.

11. oldskoolboarder

oldskoolboarder New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Bummer mssed this. Fortunately, during the whole run, my local station ran this HD.

12. shendley

shendley New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    I didn't have any problems getting Enterprise recorded off a season pass, but . . .

did anyone else have any audio synch problems in dolby digital 5.1 (digital output to receiver)? The synch problem was, at times, the worst I'd ever seen on an HD broadcast. I tried backtracking on the recording (I didn't watch it live), stopping it and playing again, etc. Nothing seems to fix it.

Liked the way it looked, though - especially the shots of the ship in space. Tres cool!

13. JimL

JimL New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Johnstown, PA
    Yep - forgot about the BIG sync problem - I kept changing my center channel delay settings without any luck - I then switched output from 1080 to 720 and it went away (something I have had to do during certain shows).

14. jimborst

jimborst Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 30, 2001
    IA USA
  15. shendley

shendley New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    So, it looks like the problem is with HDNET. I wonder if dropping them an e-mail might bring any attention to the problem? They're showing it again on Saturday and it would be very nice if they could fix it before then. Unfortunately I couldn't see any difference viewing it in 720P.