Enjoying my discovery of Eureka (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Nov 11, 2011.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I found Eureka on Netflix a couple weeks ago and now can't get enough of it. What a fun, quirky, fun, sometimes cliche' and predictable, fun show!!

I really enjoyed season one and parts of two and I am only a few episodes into three. There have been some great episodes and some that made me go "when will this episode be over".

Another fun part of this discovery was finding and reading the threads that are here about the show and the episodes as they came out. I keep wanting to comment on them but figure they are too old to bump. Which is why I ended up just starting a new thread.

These comments are by no means in any order.

I loved the episode when Carter when moving on a different timeline and married to Alison. But then later, Stark dying gave me a few tears and I came here to read the thread and found that he asked to go so it was better. I made the mistake of reading a couple threads out of order and learned about the new girlfriend and actually skipped ahead to that episode and sort of regret it now.

I totally enjoyed Sheriff Andy, I like Zoey's boyfriend and find Jo totally hot in with her hair pulled back and her sheriff's outfit on. I didn't mind her and taggert together - they had an unusually fun chemistry but like her better with Zane. The Jack and Alison unrequited love bit is getting old, but it is a mechanic used in lots and lots of shows so I put up with it.

I am madly in love with Colin Ferguson and all the expressions he gets when things are happening "oh crap" or when he doesn't quite understand what they are saying or when he finally figures it all out and leads the Gang on a way to solve the problem.

How many Jeeps have they gone through in this show? Is it every episode or two that one gets burned up, flattened, melted or otherwise destroyed.

I want a house like S.A.R.A.H. Or even half a house. I have noticed that they don't say "Sarah door" like they used to. Maybe Sarah is becoming more cognizant of their comings and goings.

H.O.U.S.E rules and Welcome back Carter are two that are in my top ten of favorites. At least for now.

2. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Unspoiler as far as you are comfortable... (Looked this up on a Siffy.. er.. SyFy thread because I was also curious.) ;)

Season 1
    1x02 - Many Happy Returns - ‘haunted’ by a temporarily displaced Walter
    1x06 - Dr. Nobel - Crashed into doomsday weapon
    1x07 - Blink - Possibly crashed after Carter was tackled out of it by a souped up Dylan?
    1x12 - Once in a Lifetime - Mangled by timetraveling tornado from 2007; then hit by car

Season 2
    2x05 - Duck, Duck, Goose - Space debris punches a hole in engine block
    2x11 - Maneater - Windshield smashed by angry, golf-club wielding woman

Season 3
    3x01 - Bad to the Drone - Windows shattered by sonic blast from Martha the drone
    3x06 - Phased and Confused - Burned twice; burned & dented by masked guy jumping on it; burned by fire from explosion being put out by masked guy.
    3x07 - Here Comes the Suns - Tires melted off by the second sun.
    3x09 - Welcome Back Carter - Crushed with Deputy Andy inside; nailed from top, front window smashed by superheavy acorns

Season 4
    4x02 - A New World - Front passenger door shot off, windows shattered by Tiny on the rampage
    4x08 - The Ex-Files - Crushed by its own resonant frequency
    4x09 - I’ll Be Seeing You - (pre time jump) Hit by Henry's car & energy pulse from Bridge Device activated by Beverly Barlowe & Dr Trevor Grant; (post time-jump) Crashed into a warehouse housing Beverly Barlowe’s Bridge Device
    4x14 - Up In the Air - Floated into Earth orbit
    4x19 - One Small Step - Melted; covered in bat guano
    4x20 - One Giant Leap - Sucked into a blackhole, dropped into the lake.

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    He's one of those men where it is easy to see the little boy inside and IMO that quality is always very charming and attractive.
    Sometimes this show amazes me with its quirks and other times I find it annoying.
    But we always keep watching because the good episodes are so good that it is very worthwhile for us.
    Love Henry, LOVE Jo and Zane, love Fargo, great show.

4. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    :up: Wheee! thanks! Not sure if it shows how tough or not tough a Jeep is.

And all those complaints on the threads about Degree product placement - I didn't mind it until I saw some guy with it on the back of his work shirt and then couldn't stop noticing.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I like the entire cast other than Taggert. Yucky Taggert and hot Jo is a crime against nature.

6. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Fortunately, the Degree thing is only that season. Later seasons have a different product placement that isn't nearly as egregious. Only one commentary about it, and then the rest was just active placement of the item, but it made sense.

it's Jo's new car - so they make a comment about how awesome the car is, and then it shows up a lot.

7. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I haven't listened for the last few years, and I'm not sure if they're even still doing it, but the official Eureka podcast used to be pretty entertaining.

ETA: looks like the last one on iTunes is from 2008.

SARAH also has her own Twitter feed, which is sometimes fun.

8. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Down to the final episode of season three.

Thanks to my Amazon Prime, I can watch season four, but it will be 1.99 an episode. Not sure if I want to go there.

I looked at buying the dvd's and found that season 3 is split up in half. I would like to get the dvd's eventually.

When does season five start?

9. Gary McCoy

Gary McCoy Active Member

Jun 4, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    My only regret is that the quality of the writing on Eureka declined over time. If every episode had been as good as the Pilot, it would have been an awesome, hard SF-themed show. I'm less enamored with an episode where the drama revolves around whether or not the relationship between the robot deputy and the smart house works out.

I'm still watching, but caring less.

10. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I watched the last episode of season three this afternoon. I didn't want it to end there. So I got Eureka season 4 with amazon prime viewing. And I have to say - Oh My God!

I watched the first two episodes and was totally blown away. It was great. It was great!!!! I hope the rest of the season keeps this up. It was like season one fun. There were several times when I was laughing out loud, just because it was so wonderful to see these guys again.

I have never used the amazon prime viewing and it took me some time to set it up because of issues with my pc and chrome and IE8. Anyway, I am very glad I did. I decided to invest in a few episodes and will skip the stop at Starbuck's to balance the cost. I enjoyed the first two episodes so much it was well worth it. Oh I hope this continues!

11. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    I think it's been a real sleeper series. It's not something that I see a lot of people talking about or suggesting to their friends, and maybe it's not the type of show that engenders that sort of prosthelytizing for whatever reason, but it's still pretty darn good.

12. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I think what I liked about the first two episodes of season 4 is that they cheered me up. I mean, laughing at some of the stuff was great. The lines said, they way they interacted and all. It was fun and as such, made me feel good.

I don't want any spoilers for season four, but I am hoping it continues in this vein.

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I knew about Eureka, but just started watching it in February. I fell and fractured some bones in my back that month. Thanks to my iPad and Netflix, I watched every episode of Eureka and Psych during the month I was out. I couldn't sit in a chair or even lay on my back. So, I laid on my stomach on my bed and watched my iPad that was laying on a small box on the floor. There was one or two other shows I watched every episode of as well, but don't remember what they were.

Which reminds me, doesn't Psych come back soon? Maybe it actually came back last month. I need to look into this. :)

Anyway, Eureka is a great show. I think next summer it comes to an end though. :(

14. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Phew. I just got through season four.

So, at the end of season four we have Alison, Zane, Fargo and Grace gone for six months and Jo has left. I was thinking who the heck is going to help Jack save the town each week but then thought that Henry was still there.

I wonder where the titan crew were sent and for how long? I had been thinking that the "six month" was good because then when we came to season five they would be eitiher on their way back or already back. This messes that theory up a bit.