Enable USB & Networking D*TV R10 ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by calphin, Aug 28, 2007.

1. calphin

calphin New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Does the recent sw push from D* ( 6.3e ) provide networking? I know it is not listed on the settings menu.

Just want to use the networking features available from stand alone series 2.

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to connect USB with the stock 6.3e D* environment?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC

No

3. nachome

nachome New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    I did connect a belkin f5d5050v USB network adapter to my philips DSR704 after getting the 6.3e upgrade. To my surprise it found the network adapter and pulled an IP address on my network by itself. I bought this network adapter about 3 years ago when i was first thinking about hacking my tivo (back when it was running software 3.x) and way back then it did nothing. This time I felt there was promise at first. Maybe DTV was going to enable something cool? Maybe hope of the Home Media Option? But no, plugging it in will get you absolutely nothing useful with out hacking. The dtivo has a built in firewall and the networking technically works, but you cant do anything with it unless you hack it.
    This finally spawned me to jump in and hack the unit.
    Note about the hacks. If you're thinking about enabling all the cool features prepare to do a whole lot of reading and picking through forums. You wont be able to use "tivo to go" and the "tivo desktop" software like the standalone units, but there is other things that you can enable. Its just not that user friendly and you better be prepared to spend some time getting each thing to work.