Empty Menus--no swivel, no unbox, no guru!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by fregienj, Sep 17, 2007.

1. fregienj

fregienj New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    When I go to the Download TV & Movies, KidZone/Guru guide, or the Swivel search it just shows the green background but no text! When I hit the up and down arrows it sounds like there are a couple of options it is moving through between hitting the end of the list. So it is like the text is "behind" the background or something.

I have a S2DT model 649.

Thanks!

2. RRZNagas

RRZNagas New Member

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm having the same issue, any ideas?

3. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Is your connection to the internet working?

4. fregienj

fregienj New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Thanks for the response! I was beginning to think I was the only one having this problem.

Yes, my internet connection is fine. I know I used the swivel search when it first came out so it did work at some point. The only thing that I did that had anything to do with these menus is sign up for unbox.

I also have another S2 TiVo and these menus are all working fine on that one. So the problem is not with my acct at all.

5. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Try a reboot first of all, and check the network settings screen to make sure everything looks kosher there.

6. Tim N.

Tim N. New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I was having the same issues. I did the restart. All of the TIVO functions came back. The Internet connection was always working. But, I cannot get the Series 2 machine to see my desktop photos, or to transfer Amazon unbox that I ordered.

I can transfer a file from Series 2 to the PC, but the Series 2 claims there is no active server on the network.

Any ideas on what to try next?

7. fregienj

fregienj New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Yup a reboot fixed mine as well. Now what didn't I think about that!?! :rolleyes: