Emily In Paris on Netflix

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tivoknucklehead, Oct 12, 2020.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

Advertisements

surprised I like this show so much, I'm not the demo

lighthearted and funny as hell
    does all the French are rude and Americans are dumb stereotypes but done well

had no clue Lily Collins is the daughter of Phil Collins and has no British accent IRL

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This show is getting such bad press, but there's a few people out there who seem to love it. I think it's a lot of woke folks who are hating it.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I watched the first episode and didn't dislike it for "woke" reasons; I disliked it because the characters run the full range from unlikable to highly unlikable.

And I've always been a Lily Collins fan, so...
    I think you misplaced the adjectives. That should be "rude and dumb as hell." :D

4. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I binged the whole thing in a day.

This is one of those "so bad it's good" deals for me.

I think the timing of it's release helps - it's easy and brainless and an appealing escape, even if you hate it. Plus the fashion is pretty fabulous!!! I can't really explain it much better.

The best part is that it reminded me I wanted to watch Younger (another Darren Star show starring my fave Sutton Foster). I binged that one in a week and it is just wonderful!!!

5. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

All the time we were watching I was like "Why does she seem so familiar." I never connected the dots. Thank you.