Emergence 1/14 only recorded 40 minutes

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by philt56, Jan 18, 2020.

1. philt56

philt56 Member

Aug 21, 2008
    I was just watching the recording and it ended at the 40 minute mark. I had to go to abc on my Apple TV to stream the rest. There was no message about being partially recorded. I could skip commercials with no problem. There was also nothing under History. Don’t know if this was a fluke or something was off in the guide data?

thanks

2. Fugacity

Fugacity Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Mine recorded the full hour, so it probably wasn't guide related. Probably a fluke.

philt56 likes this.
  3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Mine was fine, too.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo does not record when there is no signal, so a partial recording could mean that, even though the red light is on. It could also mean it rebooted, or power outage.

5. philt56

philt56 Member

Aug 21, 2008
    But when it’s rebooted or lost signal, it usually will have a message that says the program was partially recorded. There was no indication of this. And recordings on other channels at the same time were fine.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Really? I've never seen that...

The only indication of a reboot I've gotten is two recordings (one for the portion before and one for the portion after). For a lost signal, the only clue is that the status bar isn't green all the way across.

7. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    it's listed in the detailed show description if you drill down from my shows, i've seen it several times.

Mikeguy likes this.