1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email threatening to deactivate my service tomorrow, help!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Ruth, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Sep 7, 2018 #1 of 44
    Ruth

Ruth Now with toddler

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I received this e-mail tonight, after TiVo's CS line was closed for the night.

I did not sign up for this program. I have never even heard of this program. I did not recently purchase a new TiVo device. My bill is fully paid. I did NOT agree to this and I do NOT want my service deactivated tomorrow. I will be pretty pissed off if they turn off my TiVo and I lose all my shows. I wasn't told anything about this until tonight, after there is no CS available. Help.

2. Sep 7, 2018 #2 of 44
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I got it also, but you can ignore it as it seemed to go out to everybody.

I did not do the deal, so I should be Ok.

3. Sep 7, 2018 #3 of 44
    Ruth

Ruth Now with toddler

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I agree it must be a mistake, but what makes you so sure that we aren't on some list by accident and our service is about to be turned off?

4. Sep 7, 2018 #4 of 44
    julieknits

julieknits New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Another recipient here of that same email. I was trying to figure out if it’s spam or just a mistake by the Tivo people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Sep 7, 2018 #5 of 44
    Ruth

Ruth Now with toddler

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I guess I'm not at all confident that whatever mistake is happening here is going to be resolved before actually disconnecting people. If I'm on the wrong e-mail list, I could also be on the same wrong list targeted for service termination. I'm the kind of person who is going to worry about this until it's resolved satisfactorily. It's really terrible to send out something like this so late in the day that it's not possible to contact the company and straighten it out.

6. Sep 7, 2018 #6 of 44
    Toni

Toni Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I had the same concern after getting the email. I guess I really don't trust TiVo much to know what they are doing these days,

7. Sep 7, 2018 #7 of 44
    GOOSE111655

GOOSE111655 New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Same problem here. I also received the 'deactivation' email this evening, and I, too, DID NOT sign up for the "Summer Breeze" promotion. I do hope it's just a mistake with the email mailing list and nothing else, but TiVo will get an earful from me either way! This is ridiculous!!!

8. Sep 7, 2018 #8 of 44
    A.J.

A.J. New Member

May 11, 2017
    I'm sure it was a mistake. I got the same email tonight and I haven't made any changes in my account or equipment.

9. Sep 7, 2018 #9 of 44
    gregory_g

gregory_g New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    I received it as well even though I had been completely unaware of the offer and own no TiVo newer than my Premiere.

10. Edge x 4

Edge x 4 Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Same with me. I never signed up for "Summer Breeze" and I have not purchased any new equipment from Tivo. I have a S3HD w/ Lifetime plan. Is this a spam attack, the Russians, or just Tivo being Tivo? I suggest we all call Tivo tomorrow.
    Here's a screenshot of the email I got:

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 11.24.55 PM.png

11. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
  12. Series 2

Series 2 New Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Omg...I got the same email and I've been freaking out. I will call tivo tomorrow morning. I too hope that I'm not on some list that will actually deactivate my tivos tomorrow. Does anyone know...if say they do deactivate a series 1, 2, or 3 by mistake.... and it's clearly their error...are they ABLE to reactivate it? I know they say they won't, but if it's their mistake CAN they actually do it? Or are you just screwed? Anyone know?

Michelle Baraniak likes this.
  13. Series 2

Series 2 New Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Most likely it is some kind if mistake though...if a bunch of people got this email. I hope. I will still call tomorrow

14. jakerock

jakerock Hey ho howdy!

Dec 9, 2002
    Lee, NH
    I looked into my account and found that my newest TiVo now shows that it has "All-in Service" which seems to be their new lifetime service? So it looks like they just changed the name of lifetime and on any newer units changed our lifetime service to the All-in Service and sent out notifications that are worded terribly.

15. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    They changed the name of Lifetime service to All-in service quite some time ago (my Roamio from 2015 has All-in). Note this name change did not impact any TiVo that you already owned so your newest TiVo (model and year you bought it?) must have come with All-in service when you bought it (and of course this is unrelated to this mail which appears to have been sent to just about everyone whether you participated or not).

Scott

16. Michelle Baraniak

Michelle Baraniak New Member

Sep 8, 2018
    I got it also last night and have tried to call them this morning.....only getting a busy signal. I also did not sign up for this thing they are talking about. I hope this was just a mistake that this email got sent out.

17. MonitorMan

MonitorMan New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I had never heard of the "Summer Breeze" promotion until I received the email.... Just checked my account and my two (2011) premieres have been changed from Lifetime to All-in Service plans. Not sure when this changed as I haven't checked it for a while. Hope this is a mistake.....

18. Ruth

Ruth Now with toddler

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    So their support line is completely down ("you have reached a non-working number") and CS chat is down too. So no way to reach them. They must be jammed with upset people calling about this, but still haven't sent out a correction my email. What a terrible way to run a company.

19. Toni

Toni Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I got the non working number too. I called again and got through and they said 5 minute wait time. Then 10 minutes, then 15, then 20. I got online and initiated a chat and as soon as I submitted the chat ended. So I put in a support ticket. Nothing but an automated response so far.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

20. ChileHead

ChileHead TiVo Addict

Feb 10, 2002
    I'm amazed they haven't sent a retraction email yet. They must have been flooded with emails, facebook messages, twitter messages, tickets, etc ... and so far they haven't sent out an email saying "Whoops!" Wouldn't that be a lot easier than handling hundreds/thousands of angry customers?