Email from Dtv

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by humbland, Sep 22, 2008.

1. humbland

humbland New Member

Aug 25, 2005

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
    It's been a very long time since I've visited.
    Yesterday, I got an email from DTV saying that they were changing their technology, and that I should call a toll free # to set up a replacement of my incompatable HD equipment "free of charge".
    We have a 10-250 DTV/Tivo with "lifetime service" the box has been upgraded to get about 70 hrs of HD.
    What's the best option to take? I'm sure the question has been asked before... Can someone point me to a thread that explains the best way to "play" DTV to come away with the best hardware and programing for the least cost?
    Thanks for the help.

2. jimb726

jimb726 New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Umm how much better of a deal are you looking for than "free"?? At that point about the only thing to negotiate is the commitment, and from I read they have even been waiving that for folks who are making the transition to the new equipment. Good luck.

3. dishrich

dishrich Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    And the lifetime WILL stay on your account & work with any & all other DTV DVR's, so don't think you can get much better than that... ;)

4. Joe Jensen

Joe Jensen New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

Just got off the phone with D. First line support had no idea about the email. Offered to swap one receiver, but there were shipping, fees, and the 2 yr extension. The email I received said "No Strings Attached". The first line guy had no idea what that meant. He transferred me to "retention". The lady there knew about the email. All equipment replaced free. New dish, installation, two HD DVRs, and a note in the account that I get 2 AM21s once the receivers are installed. She didnt know why, but she was not able to order the AM21s until the replacement receivers are activated, but she assured me they would be free too.

All free of charge, and no extension of the contract. She said since it's a "swap of equipment" no charge. Also, their system was correct in showing that I own both HR10-250s.

Now I have to learn the new interface until the New 2009 Tivo for DirectTV ships...joe