Elite WON'T Reord Anything!!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Tivogre, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Tivogre

Tivogre Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Springfield, VA
    Noticed tonight that one of my season passes wasn't recording.

I manually switched to the channel, and the show was on. I pressed Record, got the normal pease wait message, and then back to live TV. No recording started.

I checked the shows list; it looks line nothing has recoded for the last day or so.

I've NEVER experienced the total inability to record on ANY Tivo I've owned.

Not good, TiVo... Not good!

I'll report back after I try a reboot in about 45 minutes.

2. Tivogre

Jul 12, 2002
    Springfield, VA
    Looking back through the Record History log, everything that should have recorded since 3:30am Tuesday. Did not record for the reason "...the power was lost or the TiVo box was unplugged". Including the 10:00 season pass I finally noticed.

This is clearly NOT the case, given that I just finished watching the show it didn't / couldn't record live.

I did verify that the live buffer was working, and I cold ff / rr / pause.

Rebooting appears to have fixed the issue for now. I can manually record, and an 11:00 season pass started recording.

This is troubling!!!!

3. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is it connected to a good UPS?

4. Tivogre

Jul 12, 2002
    Springfield, VA
    In fact, it is... Bu I will re-iterate that the box did not lose power. it was actively showing live content, yet neither recording season passes, nor responding to attempts to manually initiate a recording.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Surprising to see this on a new Tivo, but I had this happen on my TivoHD many times as the hard drive was apparently going bad (filesystem).. that drive now does a constant reboot cycle.. but many times it would seemingly "lose the database" (my term), and wouldn't record. Trying to record would usually cause an error 86 (IIRC) message, and only Recently Deleted would show in Now Playing... Rebooting would fix it for a while.. until it got into this permanent reboot cycle.. (now I'm on the ORIG tiny TivoHD drive, and hope to try to recover stuff from the rebooting drive at some point)