Elite will not delete at times

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by WillyBilly, Mar 28, 2012.

1. WillyBilly

WillyBilly New Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New England

Advertisements

It seems that when you stop a recording on an ELITE you are given an option > stop recording or stop recording & delete. It will never stop recording & delete, but will stop the recording and then you have to go to my shows and delete it. It was the same on my first ELITE before the hard drive froze up for good after two months and it is the same on the replacement ELITE they exchanged. But the new ELITE they sent me is also randomly not deleting shows I elect to delete from MY SHOWS. It is only at times, but it is annoying. I am wondering if they sent me an exchange box that someone returned that had this problem. I wonder because when the exchange came, it did not have the default settings of no channels checked, but had someones choices checked and unchecked. Anyone having this problem?? Should I call and demand a brand new Elite ? I paid $ 500 for it 60 days before the $400 sale and they refused me the $100 discount because it was purchased beyond the 30 day limit. Bummer because for full price I don't even think I have a solidly working Tivo Elite box. They may have me boxed in. :confused: :thumbsdown:

2. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    Its a software bug. You will see it on any elite likely. Wait till the next software update (this spring) .

No one picked channels on your new box before you. First even if it was a refurbished the drive would have been reimaged. When you pick a lineup the TiVo generally checks all the free channels and uncheck the premium channels. I would guess thats what you saw.

3. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Member

Nov 28, 2002
    Happens on regular premieres, too. All of ours do it. Just one of many bugs.