Elite Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Mgalin, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Mgalin

Mgalin Member

Jan 6, 2002

Advertisements

Got my Elite today, upgrading from an HD..
    It has 14.9.2 on it.. This thing is randomly rebooting.. With the cablecard in, couldn't even get through guided setup without the thing rebooting..

With cablecard in, i'd say i had 3-4 minutes before it reboots, consistently.

pulled CC out and i'm trying to get through a network connection to get 20.x...

Hasn't rebooted on it's own with CC out..

Tivo is trying to tell me my CC is bad. I call BS, this cards' been in my tivoHD for 2 years now..

Hoping to get to 20.x and will try cablecard again.. Anyone??

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I'd say leave CC out and force some updates to get 20.2x and then put the CC back in to see if stability improves. There have been many threads related to how poor Elite tuners are compared to Premiere & HD units - the Elite getting same RF input and CC used for an HD unit has issues which puts the fault squarely on Elite.

3. Mgalin

Mgalin Member

Jan 6, 2002
    AT this point.. The box is having trouble getting activated.. paid for service at 4P EDT yesterday, forcing lots of manual connects and it's still showing unactivated. Tivo CC says it's status 3 in their systems... I think because of this, i'm not able to pull latest software... So stuck in holding pattern...

Frusteration set in.. never had issues with ANY s1, s2 or hd's in the past like this..

M