Okay, so as a 3rd time Tivo customer, via a series 2, a series 3 hd xl and now a Tivo Premier Elite, I have had some experiences. My last two boxes have been with Comcast, which has made for some interestingly different experiences. I bought my Elite at best buy, via the magnolia store, on Monday. Tuesday morning I hooked it up and ran all the updates and let it stay connected. That afternoon I called Comcast and went through the process of getting the M card working with the new box. The rep basically just hit some buttons and said, hey there you go, the unit is paired. I immediately noticed that the premium channels, HBO, etc were not working. So he tried a few things, one of which reset my entire internet connection and required me to basically re-do my cable modem and account stuff. After that he set up an appointment for a tech to come to my place today between 3-5pm. Last night I received the 20.2 update and thus far have enjoyed it. My unit basically worked outside of premium channels and after some initial issues, my Netflix and Hulu plus began working. I did have to switch to sdui and then back to the hdui to see the apps. This was before the 20.2 update though, so who knows if that issue has gone away. So at 5:10pm, no cable tech in site, I tried the 877 self-install number. She asked for my id and host numbers, as well as the m-card serial number, sent the pairing signal and 5 minutes later all my channels are now working. So thanks to the folks here who put that number up for me to find. So while I had a few issues, it was mostly a lousy comcast rep from the main comcast number who was my problem. I now have a working Elite and am very happy with it.