Elite Availability

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Walter Lambert, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Oct 3, 2011 #1 of 89
    Walter Lambert

Walter Lambert Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Oklahoma City
    Local Best Buy indicates that they already have two Premiere Elites in the store room in the back, and the units will be available for purchase on Sunday, October 9th.

2. Oct 3, 2011 #2 of 89
    bearcat2000

bearcat2000 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Good to know...wouldn't you think that Tivo would have availability online by Friday then?

3. Oct 3, 2011 #3 of 89
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Great!!

Any info about extended warranties and cost?

4. Oct 3, 2011 #4 of 89
    Walter Lambert

Walter Lambert Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Oklahoma City
    Best Buy indicated that the price was the $499, and that discount coupons can not be applied to the purchase of a Tivo Premier Elite. I did not ask for any information on warranties.

5. Oct 3, 2011 #5 of 89
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I've found the coupons depend on who you go to. If it doesn't explicitly say you can't use it on TiVo, and I get a salesperson to tell me that I can use it, then I'll be able to get the discount. Otherwise the manager will give the discount or corporate will do something like a gift card in the discount amount. This is how it's worked for me in the past. Once the sales rep tells me I can get the discount then I'm going to get it one way or another.
    But if the sales people are trained right and tell me i can't use the coupon then I'll have no choice but to pay the $500 for it.

6. Oct 3, 2011 #6 of 89
    innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Nice, hopefully this is true and if so we should see an official announcement this week.

7. Oct 3, 2011 #7 of 89
    cmk0808

cmk0808 New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    what coupon can you use on this from best buy? where is the coupon from/ where to get it?

8. Oct 3, 2011 #8 of 89
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You can't use coupons for the Elite. It makes sense as they are probably getting a kickback from TiVo for activations of these devices since TiVo sells them at a loss.

9. Oct 3, 2011 #9 of 89
    jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Maybe, but if the Elite isn't specifically excluded, I'm going to try. I think the wholesale price of the Elite is somewhere around $350-$375, so a retailer should have some wiggle room.

Can also hope that Amazon had a presale.

10. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    @rainwater:

You did not answer the question. The person did not ask if the coupon could be use on the Elite. The question is WHAT coupon are you talking about? Someone please answer the question that was posted.

11. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    He I probably talking about the 10/12% or mover coupon.

12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    There is always a 10% OR 12% coupon out there for BestBuy. My problem is whenever I need one, the ones that I got in the mail have expired. So I have to pick them up off Ebay. Today I ordered a 10% coupon off Ebay for one dollar. If I can use it then that is great and I will save $50. if not then I'm only out a buck.

Of course half the time I get one off Ebay, a day or two before I plan to use it, I get some more in the mail from Best Buy.
    Besides it can't hurt to try. I've received 10% or 12% off many items over the years that they weren't supposed to give a discount for but they weren't specifically excluded from the coupon. Once the sales person tells me I can use it, that's it. I will be getting the discount one way or another. It's just sometimes I've had to go through corporate office to get it.

13. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Just got my 10% coupon in the mail good for October 5-10 so let's all pray for the 9th.

14. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    :eek: See. That is what I was talking about. I just ordered the one off eBay and now one will show up from BestBuy.

Edit: I forgot there is a holiday next Monday. I guess that is why they sent the coupons out.

Hopefully they go on sale on the 9th. I'll have to try and get to a BestBuy when they open. They will probably be gone pretty quick around here.

15. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Hey with two coupons you could grab 2. ;)

16. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I'm not going to go buy an Elite anytime soon at least my current plan (if my TivoHD completely dies I may change my mind), but are you guys on that Best Buy rewards program (which has a yearly fee IIRC)? Otherwise, I don't get any 10-12% off coupons.

17. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    On the free rewards program. I definitely don't pay a fee for it.

18. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I haven't paid a fee yet. I'm on the one that gives me 45 day return periods for my BestBuy purchases. I know as long as I purchase a certain amount over the course of a year they keep me in the program and they have never charged me a fee for it.

I was actually going to get two initially, but the more I thought about it the more it made no sense for me to do it since I really don't need that many tuners in my other room. So my plan is to purchase one and sell two of my Lifetime Premieres. But if they do release the Preview at retail I just might buy another Elite later and also get a Preview, then I would sell my last two Lifetime Premieres to pay for those.

19. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Check out the store availablity before you get in the car Sunday morning. The BB website lists it as Magnolia stores only.