Editing Tivo on the Computer

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BBGolfSchool, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BBGolfSchool

BBGolfSchool New Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I work at a golf school and we have been downloading hours and hours of golf on to the TIVO. I have downloaded the Tivo desktop and have transfered the files onto the computer but i was wondering if there was a way to edit the videos. I have tried to use Windows movie maker but it says the file isnt compadible with the software. Has anyone done this yet? I am trying to edit golf swings and putts from the videos i have recorded. Thank you for your help

2. Lazlo123

Lazlo123 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    I've been very happy with VideoRedo

3. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    You can use the full version of Roxio/Sonic to edit TiVo files.

4. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002
    VideoReDo has a 15 day free trial.

5. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    I thought this type of discussion was only allowed on DDB?

6. troycarpenter

troycarpenter New Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Buford, GA...
    Not in this case because everything being discussed is provided by TiVo out of the box. Everything in the thread can be done without hacking, and TiVo themselves recommends Roxio for burning to DVD.

7. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    VideoReDo is the editor of choice for those of us that do the unmentionable with our Tivos. :D It's designed to work with non-standard mpeg files and the Tivo definitely creates non-standard mpegs. I hate buying software but was more than happy to shell out the $50 fee after using VideoReDo for only about three days. It's probably one of the most used apps on my PC.